DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

For you Pittsburgh-area folks, longtime Studio Wrestling host "Chilly" Billy Cardille learned recently that he has cancer and while his spirits are great, his daughter is asking for cards & letters from longtime fans.

This is her Facebook post with address, more info, etc.:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10157009303060104&set=a.10150456119590104.633852.766350103&type=1&theater

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I thought the cat already lost the title... possible to a picture

Even if that's true, this string of title changes is better than the Shield hotshotting the WWE title between them.

It's kind of hard to get a cat to lie flat on their back though. Their shoulder blades are parallel, not flat like a primates. They roll sideways (unless they're super-fat) And if you tried to beat them by submission, you'd get arrested for animal cruelty... and they wouldn't know how to tap out anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AxB said:

It's kind of hard to get a cat to lie flat on their back though. Their shoulder blades are parallel, not flat like a primates. They roll sideways (unless they're super-fat) And if you tried to beat them by submission, you'd get arrested for animal cruelty... and they wouldn't know how to tap out anyway.

Just string a catnip mouse within paw's length and that pussy will get tapped out. 

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

PTP sure as fucks hopes they don't count since ouch... jobbing to the Shining Stars

Are they still a thing?  Have they appeared as the Shining Stars more than once?  They were on Raw once, then back to vignettes. 

Well they are back on house shows - one of them (I am spacing on which one) got hurt which is why they went back to the vignettes

The normal house show rule is face over heel unless their is a reason (heel holds a title, heel is protected). So Stars over PTP doesn't look good for the FATHER OF THE YEAR~!

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Speaking of PTP, does anyone know what the payoff for this Darren Young/Bob Backlund angle is supposed to be? 

I kinda think it ends with Backlund coaching Young to be straight - but that would be insanely tone deaf and offensive even by WWE standards.  I think that would have been the payoff during the Attitude Era, though.

• Like 1

I'm thinking it ends up with Darren Young coming back, winning his first two matches thanks to Coach Backlund, then it's 50/50 booking and trading wins with Bo Dallas before getting taken off of TV for another 6 months. 

• Like 5