DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

I read something earlier on facebook about an indy show in northwest georgia (im waning to say awf) where a woman pulled a gun on a wrestler.

Ā 

apparently dude was working heel, had the babyface tied up in the ropes, and was hitting him with a chair and the heel told her to sit her toothless ass down, or some semblance of that. Ā she stormed the ring, pulled a knife and cut the babyface free then pulled the gun.

Ā 

I dont have links or anything, this happend over the weekend, google is your friend, I have to go get a pizza.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nate said:

His (Zayn's) name in Arabic, though.

I think it was on Jericho's podcast, Sami described his name as "undercover Arab." Something to honor his Syrian heritage, but still sounds Anglo enough to not scare American fans.

14 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

I think it was on Jericho's podcast, Sami described his name as "undercover Arab." Something to honor his Syrian heritage, but still sounds Anglo enough to not scare American fans.

Y'all know the "Easter egg" of the name Sami Zayn, though, right?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, misanthrope304 said:

I read something earlier on facebook about an indy show in northwest georgia (im waning to say awf) where a woman pulled a gun on a wrestler.

Ā 

apparently dude was working heel, had the babyface tied up in the ropes, and was hitting him with a chair and the heel told her to sit her toothless ass down, or some semblance of that. Ā she stormed the ring, pulled a knife and cut the babyface free then pulled the gun.

Ā 

I dont have links or anything, this happend over the weekend, google is your friend, I have to go get a pizza.

Cut through RING ropes? Ā They stood there for 5 fucking hours watching her do this??

29 minutes ago, misanthrope304 said:

Ā 

Ā 

Paul Lee and Robbie Rude

Meltzer has the story in today's updateĀ 

Apparently what the WWE wants back off the UFC for lending them Brock, is Paige VanZant at Summerslam. Not Ronda Rousey, not Conor MacGregor, but Paige VanZant. Is Dancing w/ Stars still that big a deal over there?Ā 

Also, how are they going to avoid getting her confused with theĀ Paige they already have? Is the former Britani KnightĀ going to suddenly growĀ a surname in the next two months?

5 minutes ago, The Nature Boy said:

WWE is going to have Zayn Malik appear at WrestleMania?Ā 

No, that "Sami Zayn" spelled backwards is "killer"!

• Like 3

I'm not a huge MMA fan, I watch it here and there, I watch the big events, I do not know much of anything about Paige Vanzant.Ā  Maybe if I watched Dancing with the Stars, fuck. Maybe I'm in the bubble. After all these years I'm trapped in the bubble.

I do know Desiigner. Unfortunately.

13 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

I get a bigger kick thinking of Sable giving up the city life to go live on a farm with him. Oh sure they have a nice modern house and all, but according to Paul Heyman it's called Texas Chainsaw Minnesota for a reason. It's so far removed from civilization you need a small plane to get to it.

I doubt Sable had much of a choice. If Brock Lesnar wants you to move to a farm in Minnesota with him, your ass is going to Minnesota.

• Like 3

Supposedly (as in this is via Internet RUMBLINGS~!) the WWE Japan shows have to been changed that it is now Nakamura vs. Kevin Owens (originally Nak was going to face Bray Wyatt)

• Like 2