DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

3 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

What about his diverticulitis? Did Brock beating Taker give him supernatural gut regeneration powers?

Cutting out more intestines is NOT a good way to get him down to anything close to Punk's weight class for a match.

16 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

If only they could put him in a squash match vs phil.

Yeah, but I would hope Punk would at least toy with him a little before putting him away to make it worth paying for. 

• Like 1

During Brock's last contract negotiation with WWE - he was holding them up for money (like he always does) so one of the compromises was that they put in an option that allowed him to take one fight before Wrestlemania next year.

I am assuming this means he is out of Summerslam since I doubt Brock is gonna wanna fight and then flip back to wrestling less than a month later but who knows

EDIT - I just saw the WWE release claiming he will be at Summerslam so clearly ignore me

I actually suggested this very thing on this board back when Lesnar's negotiations were happening. If the WWE in exchange gets the rights to have Rousey on one of their shows, it's a boatload of money for everyone.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

During Brock's last contract negotiation with WWE - he was holding them up for money (like he always does) so one of the compromises was that they put in an option that allowed him to take one fight before Wrestlemania next year.

8FQ2bDa.gif

I hope Brock wins the fight. I'm afraid of what Vince will do, when Brock loses.

• Like 1

Regarding Goldberg: Won't shock me if he's the headliner next time WWE has 'Mania in Atlanta.

WWE said Lesnar would be at Summerslam. Not that he would wrestle.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rick said:

all the monies

If I were Rusev, I'd fight Brock in the octagon. He has a chance of winning there.  Probably not a good one, but a chance.

Rusev vs.Brock in WWE ring = squash match, 14 suplexes, concussion (from the 14 suplexes), Lana eats F-5 post-match, Vince chortles maniacally, crowd goes home and forgets about Rusev.

28 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I want everyone to shut their eyes, relax, and think of the months long build to a Steph vs Rousey match. Just breathe it all in.

I'm in as long as they bring back Muffy to get Steph in to fighting shape. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I want everyone to shut their eyes, relax, and think of the months long build to a Steph vs Rousey match. Just breathe it all in.

It's thoughts like this that remind me why the main roster stuff only hits my tv during PPV's. The shit some of you guys tolerate week in and week out is horrific.

• Like 7

Idiotic on WWE's part. They panic and have him beat Undertaker, which causes 2 1/2 years of booking to get wonky because they don't want to waste the win and have Brock put anyone over and now there's a 50/50 shot he gets his lights turned out at the biggest MMA PPV ever. 

This is Inoki killing his wrestlers in shoot fights level of stupidity here.

• Like 1