DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K17

So wait, you mean to tell me they're charging $150 for this when the NXT edition last year was a mere $80?  And it's only for PS4/XBox One?  Now that's some high-quality bullshit right there.  I'm sure it's nice to have the figure, plaque and whatever else but now way in hell will I get that.  But knowing how this works I'll have to wait for the playable characters advertised in this until months later.  And honestly I'd rather just get the game and season pass, don't feel a strong need to get Batista/RVD or alternate skins of Cena/Angle.

On a good note it's coming out for Switch and I'm delighted as one can be.  While I wish Fire Pro was for Switch this will do just fine for me, also helps we love this system very much.

4 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

So wait, you mean to tell me they're charging $150 for this when the NXT edition last year was a mere $80?  And it's only for PS4/XBox One?  Now that's some high-quality bullshit right there.  I'm sure it's nice to have the figure, plaque and whatever else but now way in hell will I get that.  But knowing how this works I'll have to wait for the playable characters advertised in this until months later.  And honestly I'd rather just get the game and season pass, don't feel a strong need to get Batista/RVD or alternate skins of Cena/Angle.

On a good note it's coming out for Switch and I'm delighted as one can be.  While I wish Fire Pro was for Switch this will do just fine for me, also helps we love this system very much.

I think last year it was $100 - 20% off with Amazon Prime but you're still on point. I usually buy collector editions of games but $120 with Amazon Prime is still too much for that. Not sure why they thought there was $50 more in value since the NXT edition had a statue, autograph, and mat card while the 2K18 one also has a statue, autograph, and piece of mat. Plus the NXT version had three different wrestlers with 'goods' while this one is just Cena so unless you're a Cena fanatic (I like Cena just fine but he's not a favorite) its not worth getting.

I am hoping the deluxe version isn't just digital, since it comes with the wrestler packs/season pass. Looks like the Switch isn't getting the collector's edition, which is fine with me since I wasn't getting it anyway.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2017 at 4:52 PM, NikoBaltimore said:

All playable characters (Angle, RVD, Batista, 2X Cena) come day one with the Deluxe versions, not just the Collector's Edition.

Won't use those guys much outside of Angle, but I'm glad I don't have to wait like I did with the NXT roster last year.

On 7/27/2017 at 3:52 PM, NikoBaltimore said:

Yeahhhhh... you're going to be waiting until "Fall 2017" if you're playing on the Switch, according to their earnings' call yesterday. Keep in mind, the Xbox One/PS4 release date is already in October, so... "Fall".

Yeah, that will be a dealmaker/dealbreaker with the features.  I'll preorder for Switch and if it turns out they're getting boned on that then I'll just move it towards the PS4 version.  If it's coming out a little later than the other two versions if I had money to burn I'd be half tempted to get it on both versions so I wouldn't have to wait.  But that'd just be silly.

In the most recent UUDD video - Woods comes the closest I have ever seen him bad mouth a game. Especially a WWE game.

I am sure you are all shocked that it is over the shitty ranking system

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

In the most recent UUDD video - Woods comes the closest I have ever seen him bad mouth a game. Especially a WWE game.

I am sure you are all shocked that it is over the shitty ranking system

WWW 18 will be out before he gets a title shot. 

• Like 1

The ranking system is easy - feud with the guy above you in the rankings until you get to #3, then feud with the champion.  

Winning the World title is even easier if you're late in the year - stay out of a feud in the month of January and win the Royal Rumble.

• 5 months later...

I was all for picking a PS2 up on the cheap to play HCTP again, mainly coz I remember Goldberg and Brock Lesnar's movesets being lethal and cool as hell, but I then fell down a rabbit hole and the consensus seemed to be WWE 2K14 was the best of the bunch gameplay and roster wise. Where do you fellas stand on the best in the series?