DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K17

3 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

Yeah, there are still some hilariously awful glitches in the game, even after what, five patches?  Mark Henry comes out wearing my custom cruiserweight title for some reason, and there are a couple of tag finishers that are basically useless because the non-legal man immediately attacks the ref after hitting the move.

Not nearly as funny as the referee getting tired of me using weapons and strong Irish whipping me to the floor.  I should've just taken the countout.

I'm loving the game in spite of the glitches.  I find them hilarious and just try to work them in.  I actually try to "work" matches for the most part, especially with the babyface version of my MyCareer character.  I've found that working matches babyface actually lends itself to a far more back-and-forth match, especially near the end.  I had a pretty epic triple-threat with Rollins and Zayn that I wish I took some clips of.

I think it was in an earlier video, but the Future Stars DLC also came with a trios entrance for the Club - edit the trio to be Styles, Anderson and Gallows in that order, with the Club entrance and AJ's music/trons.

Cute thing I just now noticed - when someone goes to the top rope, people in the crowd take out their phones for photos.

Sometimes timing works.  I won the IC title in December and then switched over to the World title rankings - just in time to get into the Royal Rumble and win from #6 (and break Reigns' record by several people).  I was able to get into a feud with Brock and beat him for the World title at Mania.  Double champion, now defending both belts at each PPV in separate matches.

4 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

I think it was in an earlier video, but the Future Stars DLC also came with a trios entrance for the Club - edit the trio to be Styles, Anderson and Gallows in that order, with the Club entrance and AJ's music/trons.

Cute thing I just now noticed - when someone goes to the top rope, people in the crowd take out their phones for photos.

In Team Management it only showed team entrance with no AJ.  I had to add him in, change the order and put AJ's tron/music to it.  Not a big deal, but if I wanted Gallows/Anderson to have their own entrance I'd have to create one for them.  That said them coming out as a trio was fucking awesome.  First thing I did?  You guessed it, #BeatUpJohnCena!  It was so awesome.

I had a blast playing as Aries.  First thing I did was the taunt where he lays on the top rope (right arrow)  And in a cool little easter egg if caught lying on the rope your opponent will kick you a few times while you're draped on there.  I wish I recorded it, but I laughed so hard seeing that.  I'm sure the same applies for Tyler's taunt.  But he had a super competitive match against Tye who they captured pretty damn well.  So far I'm liking the pack a lot.

5 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Sometimes timing works.  I won the IC title in December and then switched over to the World title rankings - just in time to get into the Royal Rumble and win from #6 (and break Reigns' record by several people).  I was able to get into a feud with Brock and beat him for the World title at Mania.  Double champion, now defending both belts at each PPV in separate matches.

Have fun, damage/stamina carry over to the second match

4 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

Have fun, damage/stamina carry over to the second match

Yup, I noticed that.  Started off against Cena in the yellow and red, which was interesting.

2 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

In Team Management it only showed team entrance with no AJ.  I had to add him in, change the order and put AJ's tron/music to it.  Not a big deal, but if I wanted Gallows/Anderson to have their own entrance I'd have to create one for them.  

I think you can still set separate two-person and three-person entrances - it should work as long as you only use Gallows and Anderson as a two-person team and Styles/Gallows/Anderson as the three, and not say, Gallows/Styles together.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Yup, I noticed that.  Started off against Cena in the yellow and red, which was interesting.

I think you can still set separate two-person and three-person entrances - it should work as long as you only use Gallows and Anderson as a two-person team and Styles/Gallows/Anderson as the three, and not say, Gallows/Styles together.

That is indeed how it works. Thus, in my team management list I have two Bullet Clubs listed.

Regarding the annoying nature of the Heyman Guy Challenge, a few points apparently make it easier, from my experience:

* The list of those on the "10 different Superstar feuds" goal: Cena, Rollins, Ambrose, Reigns, Wyatt, Ziggler, Owens, Neville, Kalisto, Del Rio, Sheamus, Breeze, Cesaro, Styles, Zayn, Balor, Jericho, Rusev, Barron Blade (bleh), Harper and R-Truth.  Any 10 will do, just win the feuds.

* All goals start counting from the beginning of your career, not when you get on the main roster.  So start those feuds early - you can bang a few out while still in NXT.

* The "5-time IC champion" and "3-time World champion" minor goals actually mean successfully leaving a match as champion.  With an Intercontinental title win and four title defenses under my belt, I completed the 5-time IC champion challenge.

* The 365-day goal truly means *any* title, and accrues regardless of how many titles you hold.  I've been slowly building up my IC title record while holding the World title - and had I been smart, I would've held onto the NXT title for much longer than I did.

At the point I'm at, I should just need one more World title defense and to run out the game calendar year as IC champion, and the feuds should take care of themselves.  

• Like 1

PROTIP: If you find the game crashing on you on certain promos/cutscenes, try killing the console's Internet connection when you start the game, run the cutscene, then save, exit and turn the connection back on.  I had a scene that was crashing like Launchpad McQuack till I tried that.

I also tried making my character cleanshaven and blond and he ended up looking like Brienne of Tarth.

• Like 1

I had a crash last night.  After winning my match I went to do more damage when somebody interfered.  He lays me out ringside and I'm forever trapped  on the ground.  The attacker kept going in and out of the ring and after 5 or so minutes the game crashed.  It's amazing how broken parts of the game still are.  Ladder matches still have wacky glitches so I guess they'll never get around to fixing that.

Thanks to beloved board member Zev whom I hate will all of my heart for putting this into my sub-conscious, I now need to find a copy of this game so I can lead Meng and Scott Norton to the World Tag Team Titles.

• Like 1

Been playing this game a little over at a neighbor's.  Holy shit, is this thing buggy.  Is this the new norm?  I don't own anything more recent than a PS2 and haven't played a WWE game since SVR06.  So many absurd glitches.  I don't recall games being near this buggy 10 years ago.

On the plus side, I won a tables match when Seth Rollins tried to climb the turnbuckle and nuke me with his flying knee.  I wasn't too worried since there wasn't a table in the ring and the only table around was outside the ring, propped against the barricade behind Seth.  For some reason, Seth pivoted 100 degrees or so as soon as he leaped off the post, tucked his knees up under him, and went sailing through the table.  Winner is me.  I'd like to feel like I earned that victory but Seth was beating me like a bongo until he decided to go all Ahmed Johnson and self-critical himself.

Drunken Lillian Garcia saying words out of order while trying to announce a tag match also got a good laugh last night.

1 hour ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Been playing this game a little over at a neighbor's.  Holy shit, is this thing buggy.  Is this the new norm?  I don't own anything more recent than a PS2 and haven't played a WWE game since SVR06.  So many absurd glitches.  I don't recall games being near this buggy 10 years ago.

10 years ago, they weren't online.

What, you thought the Adventures of Botch Man were over just because he won the World title?  Oh, no.

gb10lVn.gif

(Good sell, at least.)

EDIT: JUST noticed this one was at WrestleMania.  Eat it, Brock.  Speaking of:

0FzQLD8.gif

MtCx3Is.gif

Juuuust a bit outside.

(I love that it looks like he realized he was going to miss completely and swung as wildly as he could in hopes of trying to connect with any portion of the elbow, only to fail miserably.)

• Like 5