DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K17

I hope they fix the Iron Man match glitch from 2K16. Iron Man matches are actually really fun and interesting on Hard/Legend difficulty with the stamina meter coming into play, but I haven't been able to play a thirty-minute Iron Man match without a sudden stoppage or loss of about ten minutes of time and massive slowdown after pinfalls. Yuke's are such fuck-ups. How did they not even catch this?

Just make your shambling Frankenstein monster of an engine work, Yuke's, you fucks. 

I hope the game also stars The Undertaker so we can get his debut at Survivor Series '90 in the game and thus get Survivor Series matches back in the game, which IIRC haven't been in the game since the LJN WWF games. 

• Like 1

On Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 2:22 PM, Tromatagon said:

Six guys at a time barely works for them and you want eight?

They can do it like the LJN games and have two guys per team on screen, using a button to change the eligible partners standing on the apron.

Janky and immersion-breaking? Sure, which means that it would fit right in with the engine itself.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't claim to understand the manifestly chaotic underpinnings of the universe, but this seems like the kind of thing that happens just so people can look back and say snarky things once Brock gets his head staved in by Mark Hunt.

All I want is Hansen to be on the DLC this year if they go the Hall of Fame route again.  He's the only inductee this year that would even be interesting to play as, so I doubt that they'll go that route though (we've already had everyone else)

• 3 weeks later...

The way some sites were reporting it, the only way you can play as Nia Jax, Apollo Crews or Shinsuke Nakamura is to own the NXT edition. As in, you couldn't buy them as DLC if you got the regular edition.

33 minutes ago, Casey said:

The way some sites were reporting it, the only way you can play as Nia Jax, Apollo Crews or Shinsuke Nakamura is to own the NXT edition. As in, you couldn't buy them as DLC if you got the regular edition.

The official site and article says people will be able to purchase the NXT wrestlers later in the year while last gen systems will be able to first day.

In case people don't feel like clicking the link, this is what comes in the pre-order (spoilered for size), $99 plus taxes. So for $40 extra based on launch price you get a Balor statue, Nakamura autograph, mat card, and some extra DLC. Not a bad deal, some companies stopped giving a good value with their big pre-orders (looking at you, Halo and GOW) but most seem to try to offer a good deal.

Spoiler

AIqgwah.jpg

I guess I determine what is a good deal based on if the pre-order is something fans really want and if the extra items could be sold for more individually than the price increase. This pre-order package easily covers both of those.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

If you have Amazon Prime, cancel those gamestop pre-orders for the NXT version. I guess they didn't sell as fast they hoped: http://amzn.to/2az6XqJ. $80 for all that is a steal.

I'm baffled because I thought the fanbase would have been all over this.  It could be possible they have more available than they did in previous years.  But hey, can't go wrong saving $20.

21 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

If you have Amazon Prime, cancel those gamestop pre-orders for the NXT version. I guess they didn't sell as fast they hoped: http://amzn.to/2az6XqJ. $80 for all that is a steal.

Thanks for the heads up, just locked in the preorder.  I'm looking forward to this - even though I'm sure the game will be just as goofy as last year's, I enjoy them in spite of themselves.  2K15 with the Zack Ryder career mode simulator, and this year with the midcard treadmill simulator.  Maybe in 2K17 we can start main eventing.