DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K17

I wonder if the upcoming  roster split up between both BRANDS will be added into the game. You think it should be because it would be the biggest event to happen in the WWE Universe this year. I loved the previous generation's SMACKDOWN game that had the WWE Draft, course Lesnar was an easy #1 pick for me(the computer always chose him as well).

Anyways, toss in WWE 2K17 news, tidbits, rumors and opinions folks....that's what this topic is here for!

Roster split was just announced and rosters and NXT callups are barely speculation.

What's the lead time for things like this?  I'm not much of a gamer, but I thought the cut-off for roster changes, addition, etc. was well out from the release date - ensuring that the game would be out of date in some respects the day it came out.

Surely they don't have character models for everyone in NXT (or do they?).  I would assume some potential NXT call-ups would end up being left out of the game because of how close to deadline it is.

Generally they have their roster set by Mania weekend and anyone major added in April-May can be DLC. As far as NXT models, Finn, Joe, Itami, Blake, Murphy, and Eva Marie all have models, my guess is Asuka, Bayley, Nia Jax, American Alpha and the Revival will be the next NXT additions. It's not super hard to get the NXT crew to get modeled for the game. Still in the end Vince McMahon has to sign off on the final roster so who knows.

The 4 Horsewomen are surely to be in, especially after last year's calamity.  They had two of them modeled and didn't bother to put them in the game?  I'm still a little annoyed about that.

As far as guys like AJ and Nakamura, they're sure to be in.  They either came in or were announced well before the cutoff date.  Which is going to be weird as anything playing as them after getting CAWs the past couple years.  I have a feeling we're all going to be geeking out to some degree by who they put in.

We might have to wait for the PS4 Neo or whatever to properly support rendering whatever the fuck is on AJ Styles' head right now.

Considering last year's omission of the Four Horsewomen, I assume 2K17 will be missing either American Alpha or (god forbid) Nakamura.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nakamura is included in the game proper.  The developers are clearly fans, since his signature moves (with taunts!) have been in the last couple of iterations of the game. I'm sure they started working on a proper game model for him back in January.

I bet we get a larger NXT presence in the game, too.  

Given the "Suplex City" tease in the trailer, I wonder if the showcase mode is Brock-centric, and if so, Kurt Angle has to be in the game, yes?  It's certainly possible.

And since they always include at least part of the year's HOF class, we should be getting at least Hansen and the Freebirds this year.

• Like 1

If we get Stan Hansen, JBL will be getting a king sized lesson on how sometimes the best form of flattery is finding your own fucking gimmick.

• Like 5

Speaking of Goldberg matches. I thought one of the better matches of his career in PPV was his bloodfest against Sid Vicious at Halloween Havoc in '99.
And that was when Sid had finally began having good matches and acting like he gave a shite. My fave thing about watching Goldberg matches(especially early in his career) was seeing what sorta outta-the-blue-where-the-hell-did-that-come-from-kinda-messed-up-but-turned-out-to-look-cool-and-brutal-move-come-from?!

I hope the Universe mode gets an overhaul among other things, and I wish..wish, wish they'd allow music to be installed again(I know it's a small thing to some folks but it is huge to me).

havoc.png

• Like 1

Here's a tidbit on the game, well...actually how Goldberg was finally placed in the game.

I think it's a HILARIOUSLY CLASSIC move by Vince MCMahon on what he said Mike Goldberg must do when readying to hire him.

"Some new details are coming out about Bill Goldberg's deal with 2K Sports for the upcoming WWE 2K17 video game. Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that they first tried to sign Goldberg for previous games, but it was none other than WWE Chairman Vince McMahon who put a stop to that.

Goldberg didn't leave WWE on good terms back in 2004. Meltzer reports that the split left McMahon so negative on the former World Heavyweight Champion that when WWE was in talks to sign UFC's Mike Goldberg as an announcer, McMahon wanted him to change his name for that reason. The original plan for Goldberg's arrival in WWE was for him to work a series of three matches against The Rock, but those plans changed to what we ended up seeing on WWE TV when Rock's movie career took off."

Let's just make sure to keep HHH as far fucking away from him as possible, so we don't get WWE jerking themselves off at WrestleMania over beating WCW, y'know, over a decade ago.

Plus, if I recall, HHH never beat him one on one (the title change back to him was a three-way with Kane)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Let's just make sure to keep HHH as far fucking away from him as possible, so we don't get WWE jerking themselves off at WrestleMania over beating WCW, y'know, over a decade ago.

wm31_photo_181_3697606927.jpg

I would play the heck out of that.  My friends won't play regular matches with me because they feel I'd (rightfully) beat them many times over.  A mode to even the playing field would be nice.

They had the option in 2K14 where you could just have a quick match.  I used that as fun squashes to see what a CAW brought to the table.  Could really go for something like that this year.

• Like 1