DVDVR Message Board

The 2016 NBA Finals: Cleveland vs Golden State

Dolfan in NYC

16 hours ago, Tabe said:

He also travels - a lot - without it ever being called and commits plenty of uncalled fouls himself. 

That assumes that they actually call traveling on anyone in the NBA. It's the sports equivalent of going 60 miles when the speed limit is 55: technically against the law but almost never enforced unless you are dealing with a zealous revenue collector.

Dude tucks the ball like a running back, lowers his shoulder and levels defenders square in the chest. He's a human cheat code because he fucking cheats on nearly every drive. He's great and all, don't get me wrong, but I find it rich when Cavs fans or LeBron boosters complain about officiating. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

Dude tucks the ball like a running back, lowers his shoulder and levels defenders square in the chest. He's a human cheat code because he fucking cheats on nearly every drive. He's great and all, don't get me wrong, but I find it rich when Cavs fans or LeBron boosters complain about officiating. 

And Golden State sets moving screens every play. This isn't about what is or isn't legal depending on the rule book, it's about players continuing to have a game be called the way that they are accustomed to. There is always more contact in the playoffs, and players have to play. That being said, Lebron James has been fouled repeatedly and hard and it has not been called. Those get called at other times, they should be called now. 

Because Kevin Love or Tristan Thompson or any other bigs NEVER move during screens. Bogut's screens can be egregious, I'm not blind, but let's not pretend that every team doesn't do that. It's just that so much of GSW's offense is built on off the ball movement and off the ball screens.

Who is reffing this game?  Mario Yamazaki?  It's like you need to have blood gushing from a wound in order to get something called.

Either that or you get called for total bullshit.

I know you are feeling confident, Klay, but some of your shot choices are really fucking stupid.

LeBron and Kyrie were out there, taking chainsaws to suckas like they were Leatherface.  While Love was somewhere sucking his thumb, watching the game as the best paid audience member ever.

If either of them cussed him smooth out last night, I wouldn't be mad about it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Because Kevin Love or Tristan Thompson or any other bigs NEVER move during screens. Bogut's screens can be egregious, I'm not blind, but let's not pretend that every team doesn't do that. It's just that so much of GSW's offense is built on off the ball movement and off the ball screens.

Again, it's not that Bogut/The Warriors are the only team to use illegal screens. It's that they have grown accustomed to having them called a certain way and can reasonably expect them to be called similarly in the Finals. Lebron James plays a certain way, and that way is designed to get calls based on the moves he does and the ways he tries to draw contact. Of course he travels and commits offensive fouls. Everyone does. Just like it would be insane for the NBA officials to decide that the Finals are the best time to put their foot down about the rampant travelling, it's an odd time to decide to call contact on Lebron James differently than they have his entire career. That's all I'm saying. Obviously I am annoyed simply because I'm a Cavs fan, but I'm not trying to argue that Lebron never fouls and gets fouled every play. I'm trying to argue that basketball is a game where the best players cater what they do and how they play in order to take advantage of the rules that are in place in specific ways (Kevin Durant, James Harden, Kobe, everyone) and that for the refs to decide to drastically change the way they view contact has been a detriment to James this series. 

I still think Warriors win the series, probably Thursday night in Cleveland, but I'm hoping Cavs win to force game 7.  I'd still like Warriors chances on their home floor, but flukier things have happened in g7's.

Wonder if Love can at least look interested if this series goes seven?  Not counting on it.

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Worst case scenario for GSW is an early flagrant and ejection for Green in game six, leaving him out for game seven.

I hate to advocate for dirty play, but, hell, this is the best game plan anyone has thrown out for the playoffs.  Get this man a coaching job.

For as little as K Love is contributing, I'd lob him at Green and hope the refs make the call based on reputation as much as actual evidence.

K Love being used as some sort of sacrificial stunt dummy would be the perfect end to his season.