DVDVR Message Board

Raw is... Ah hell Game 7 is on who cares

Dolfan in NYC

I'd forgotten about Tamina's injury, and I'll grant Naomi's shooting a shitty movie will take her out of circulation for a minute.  Even so, I'm still counting a 4/4 split in terms of active heels (Charlotte/Alicia/Summer Rae/Lana) vs. active faces (Sasha/Becky/Paige/Natalya).  Creative's failure to use Alicia Fox doesn't take her out of the equation, and I fail to see how the "she's still training" argument works against Lana, when Dana Brooke has been in developmental less time and is just coming off of a major injury that had her side lined for most of 2015?  If they were going to throw someone out there who can't work just to even up the numbers, why not go ahead and pull the trigger on Eva Marie?  What's the point in defending Dana Brooke being on Raw when she is in no way ready, and isn't particularly needed?

I'm feeling unsure about the AJ turn so far with as over as he was as a babyface but that segment was absolutely electric. That standoff felt like a really huge deal with that kind of split crowd response even with AJ coming off a string of losses. It definitely had me wanting to see a face vs face dream match clash between the two. But I'm sure the match will still be great though I was digging the original dynamic of the Club with face AJ still friends with two heels.

On the divas, I'm pretty sure last time she was active, Alicia Fox was a face, teaming with Brie in the lead up to Mania and a match or two against Summer on the C shows.

• Like 2

By far the worst Cena attire? I was hoping AJ would whip Cena with the Ellen belt, but it never happened. Cena is out there giving this super passionate promo about America, that then becomes about his return, all the while being a walking merchandise stand with Ellen's name plastered all over him. I realize it was all done in good fun, but goddamn, even Ricky Bobby would blush at that shit.

• Like 1

Was this the first time the Goldberg WWE 2K17 ad aired? I noticed that WWE learned from their mistake with the Sting ad and didn't play it for the live crowd. No sense in getting the crowd excited over a possible Goldberg return only for it to be revealed as a video game.  

On one hand AJ Styles is in a feud with Cena which is a hell of a lot better than most things.  But on the other hand AJ was maybe the most over face in the company right now and the only reason they turned him is because we can't have AJ being a top face when Vince needs to push the Roman/Cena duo for the post-Draft era. 

AJ is in a good spot. But he could have been in a better spot.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Craig H said:

By far the worst Cena attire? I was hoping AJ would whip Cena with the Ellen belt, but it never happened. Cena is out there giving this super passionate promo about America, that then becomes about his return, all the while being a walking merchandise stand with Ellen's name plastered all over him.

I realize it was all done in good fun,...

That's how it starts.  All in good fun...

QTmcwiskers.png

• Like 1

I figured AJ might feud with Cena, but I didn't think they would turn him. It sort of makes sense, but at the same time I figured they might avoid after he got so much love during the Roman feud. I'm looking forward to it either.

• Like 1

Somewhere there's a good joke based off the thread thread title about about how you could've watch an athletic exhibition with a predetermined outcome tonight...or you could've watched Raw...but it's too late for me to figure it out...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

On one hand AJ Styles is in a feud with Cena which is a hell of a lot better than most things.  But on the other hand AJ was maybe the most over face in the company right now and the only reason they turned him is because we can't have AJ being a top face when Vince needs to push the Roman/Cena duo for the post-Draft era. 

AJ is way more fun to watch when he's a heel, though.  

11 minutes ago, A Guy Named Tracy said:

Was this the first time the Goldberg WWE 2K17 ad aired? I noticed that WWE learned from their mistake with the Sting ad and didn't play it for the live crowd. No sense in getting the crowd excited over a possible Goldberg return only for it to be revealed as a video game.  

Yeah it was those Hatch promos that were being teased this weekend. 

It says in the preorder you get 2 different Goldbergs. I'm guessing one on the gas and one off the gas that looks like gillberg. 

22 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Just enjoy him while he's still seen as a relatively big deal. I have a feeling that by the time Big Match John gets done with The Club, it's going to make what Big Show did to the Straight Edge Society look like child's play.

• Like 1

Paige should be a heel. Everything about her to me screams a natural heel.

In fact, that's who the Four Fillies should be - Charlotte, Paige, Emma & Dana (who could not be anymore Luger-esque). 

Bayley is absolutely Dusty in this scenario with Becky as her Magnum TA.  

• Like 1

So did NOBODY else catch JBL having no idea what a 'glory hole' was during the New Day match?!  Cole recaps how JBL explained to us last week that a group of unicorn is called a 'glory' and JBL says "And now this glory of unicorns is stomping a mud glory hole!"  I spat my drink out when I heard that and imagined Vince over the headset going "Don't say glory hole you idiot!"  JBL almost topped it in the main event when he "Tatisticle" instead of "Statistical" and came so CLOSE to saying "Testicles".

Club needs one more non-Balor member to even up the odds so they can feud simultaneously with Cena/New Day.

I'll be honest I saw the Rollins-Reigns deal while I was on the phone with the TV on Mute and figured I got the gist of it without watching it.

Man, Ryder really nailed Rusev with that one Broski Boot, you could see the mark on Rusev's face afterwards.  Then that was one helluva punch by Titus on Rusev.

Main event was fine, but would have been so much better if the lights went out at the end and the Wyatt Family destroyed everyone to announce Bray as the 7th man in the MITB match.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fallacy! said:

Just enjoy him while he's still seen as a relatively big deal. I have a feeling that by the time Big Match John gets done with The Club, it's going to make what Big Show did to the Straight Edge Society look like child's play.

So in theory Luke Gallows could get a booking job by predicting everything that's about to him and be hailed as a genius.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

Yeah it was those Hatch promos that were being teased this weekend. 

It says in the preorder you get 2 different Goldbergs. I'm guessing one on the gas and one off the gas that looks like gillberg. 

One wcw version. One wwe version that wrestles in goldust's wig.

• Like 2

They could have at least milked this until the PPV with the turn. Let Cena be the Sting that he is. Ah who cares, AJ beating the piss out of him was great. It's the only time it will happen so lets all enjoy it.

At the start of the show, was that the first time they did a 10 bell salute for memorial day? I don't know about the rest of you but that kinda put me off. It felt like they were doing a tolling of the bells for America.

Am I the only one that fast-forwarded through Cena's patriotic bullshit? I thought he was about to announce we defeated ISIS. I hate super serious Cena, especially when it's stuff not related to wrestling. Fuck.

I have a feeling they're definitely splitting up New Day. If they lose the titles to Gallows & Anderson before the draft - Big E is definitely going solo.

• Like 2

Did anybody notice Jericho very nearly corpsing in that segment? He was barely holding it together at the end. 

As much as im bored of him in the ring he's still damn entertaining. 

Which is more than I can say for Cena. I was quite happy with him being back, but once I realised he was just cutting some MURICA promo I FFWD'd that like a mofo until AJ came out. 

I get it, Americans loves their wars and guns and shit. But the patriotism is really awkward for other countries watching. They are a global country after all. 

• Like 2