DVDVR Message Board

Overwatch

Gonzo

During the beta there was a pretty dominant build going around that had earned the cheery name of the Cancer build. Basically, two winstons, two lucios, and pick an offense. (Tracer and Genji are popular)

Tonight I got my first experience with rolling the cancer build onto an unsuspecting populace. (Not my video- I am the Lucio with the green name.)

I have only had one match where I felt that it was unwinnable against a team of legit pros.

We were put on that Temple of Anibus map and the other team was tasked with defense - and when we got their they had 4 Bation's camped in each corner (in the doorways so there was no way to get behind them) and two healers. That was a fruitless 3 minutes. Granted that was clearly a luck of a draw but the team clearly knew that map like the back of their hands already.

50 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Okay - your ass needs to be on at the same time as me then. Mainly because everyone else sucks for not playing this game.

I'm down. But probbaly not until after E3. This week is Anniversay Week for Marvel Heroes, so I'm playing that a lot. And then for the days of E3, I'm not doing jackshit except watching streams constantly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Okay - your ass needs to be on at the same time as me then. Mainly because everyone else sucks for not playing this game.

We both know that Fresh won't be playing this game in another two weeks.

9 hours ago, Big Fresh said:

And this is why I mostly stay away these days....

You know you are family and we are just fucking with you.  It would help if you weren't such an easy target.

You and Mark will rib me in another thread about yelling and overanalysis when playing Tetris and everything will be cool again.

Little did I know that my son has watched tons of Overwatch videos.

So now that he realized I owned it - he sits behind me providing running commentary on all the things that I am doing wrong.

Of course he thinks every tank is Bastion

• Like 4

Got my first two Plays of the Game

The system is what it is but at least I got a couple (not that it really means anything in the grand scheme of things)

I really enjoy the Weekly Brawls since they are so random (last week was that you always spawned as a new character, this week is everyone plays as Soldier 76)

I just wish there was some sort of reward for playing that mode (outside the normal XP)

First patch is out (PC Only - these will be included on eventual Console patch)

HERO BALANCE CHANGES

McCree
Peacekeeper
Alternate Fire
Recovery time (i.e. the amount of time before McCree starts reloading) decreased from 0.75 seconds to 0.3 seconds
Bullet damage decreased from 70 to 45

Developer Comments: McCree was performing too well against all targets, making him feel like a must-pick in many situations. By reducing the damage of his alternate fire, McCree is now significantly weaker against tanks like Roadhog and Reinhardt, but still maintains his lethality against smaller targets like Tracer and Genji. 

Widowmaker
Widow’s Kiss
Alternate Fire (Scoped Shot)
Base damage decreased from 15 to 12
Note: Scoped shot damage multiplier remains unchanged
Headshot damage multiplier increased from 2x to 2.5x
Players must now wait for the unscoping animation to completely finish before scoping

Infra-Sight
Ultimate cost increased by 10%

Developer Comments: In the right hands, Widowmaker can often feel unstoppable—even when just landing body shots instead of critical heads shots. The changes to her alternate fire weaken body shot damage while leaving her headshot damage unchanged. Additionally, we felt her Ultimate ability, Infra-Sight, was coming up a little too frequently, especially considering its impact on the game. 

BUG FIXES

General
Improved stability of the High Bandwidth option in Custom Games

Heroes
Fixed a bug that allowed Mercy to gain Ultimate charge whenever damage boosting an ally who was attacking a barrier or Ice Wall
Fixed a bug that allowed Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations on certain maps

Maps
Fixed an issue with collision on certain areas of Dorado not blocking line of sight

Thank God - because I was tired of Widowmaker shooting me in the dick and it counting as a head shot

I played this last weekend...and I just don't get it anymore. Besides the graphically upgrades, I feel like I'm just playing Duke Nukem 3D all over again. Now as a guy out of the loop, between the modern warfares, COD, and every other game that follows the stupid FPS model, how in the hell have people not burned out on this concept? I love South Parks Stick of Truth, pretty much everything Tell Tale, Hearthstone, and various other games, but this stuff....I just can't wrap my head around people calling this the new greatest game of all time. It did absolutely nothing new or innovative to me. Was it fun, yes, but I had the the same experience dropping holodukes and bombs on cats back in 1998. This game was nothing special to me.

Some gamers think FPS's are the absolute pinnacle of gaming and no other game types count for anything.

Others think FPS's are all the same, boring and pointless.

I do think it's neat that the developers are kinda watching how the game is played and making adjustments on the fly. Phil, do you usually play in teams against other humans, or with humans against AI? I liked the vs. AI games but was cannon fodder for other players in the beta.

Screw that, my favorite time playing the beta was against AI. I was the turret thing everyone thinks is too strong. But I just stayed on top of the thing we were supposed to be guarding, and if any of the AI got through the front line of my teammates they quickly found out (to quote Mayor Melraz) that sumbitch got a minigun. Or in this case, was a minigun.

Playing humans was basically get killed, respawn, get killed, respawn, get killed, respawn.

Playing AI, I learned to hate the one with the grappling hook thing that brings you in so he can lower the boom. I'd run like Brave Sir Robin from him.

It's really fucking annoying when people immediately start yelling "we need a healer!l yet won't play it themselves

Its even worse when there are THREE fucking tracers on the team and none of them will switch