DVDVR Message Board

WWE BRAND SPLIT 2.0

14 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yes - but it is still stupid pass up on free guys.

As in all drafts - value is king

Say in your example - you want Big E to be a mega star - you still draft the whole team because you break them up AFTER and you still have two other guys to do whatever the fuck you want for free.

Plus one could argue that you only get the tag titles if you draft the whole team - so again drafting Big E only would be stupid 

Yeah, and what about the Salary Cap?  Kofi has seniority. Damn unions (and millenials).

5 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

This is already being handled so fucking terribly. SD! is getting shit on before it begins, the women have no direction, the tag team rule is idiotic.  How difficult is it to sit down and work this out?  It sounds like they wrote it up on a napkin during a Vince coke break.

fixed

I don't agree with Nice Guy Eddie. It's highly unlikely that Vince takes coke breaks. He probably gets coked out while working. He's a genetic jackhammer, dammit, he doesn't need breaks. 

Well I guess it makes sense to split up the Lucha Dragons if they are starting a Cruiserweight division, because according to the WWE.com weights, there are only 6 crusierweights on the current roster under the 205 limit.

Enzo

Kalisto

Sin Cara

Neville

Tyson Kidd 

Xavier Woods

Clearly we are in need of RAW IS SAEZ!

20 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yes - but it is still stupid pass up on free guys.

As in all drafts - value is king

Say in your example - you want Big E to be a mega star - you still draft the whole team because you break them up AFTER and you still have two other guys to do whatever the fuck you want for free.

Plus one could argue that you only get the tag titles if you draft the whole team - so again drafting Big E only would be stupid 

If Steph took all the New Day, she can't force Big E to not be their friends/partners. But if they're gone, Big E has no choice but to be singles.

.....I guess.

3 minutes ago, Big Fresh said:

I suspect they won't be as strict on the weight limit in the Cruiserweight Division as they are for the CWC. If they wanna have Tyler Breeze in the division, they'll do it.

Well the current champ is listed at 225, and I'm pretty sure they won't want their cruisweight champion weighing more than the World Champion so I don't think they'll be fudging it too much.

Looking forward to JBL comparing cruiserweights to Hansen and Brody as they're flying around the ring.

Do you wonder if JBL is like that in all other aspects of his life?

"How did you enjoy your meal tonight Mr Layfield?"

"It reminded me of the great Stan Hansen! What a lariat!"

• Like 2

I'm beginning to think that they should have put the NXT Women's Championship on Nia Jax at The End and just called Asuka and Bayley up. Bayley really should go be booked into oblivion on the main show by now because she's just been down too long and she feels bigger than NXT at this point in the same way that Nakamura and Bálor and Joe do. 

NXT is looking pretty gutted at the moment considering that Alpha, Balor, and probably at least two women are going up. They've really taken their sweet time getting some of the new signees on screen. Athena should have been on screen and being built up months ago, and guys like...**sigh**...Oney Lorcan should have been getting more consistent pushes too. 

It's amazing to me that you have guys who aren't particularly out of shape to begin with who may be cutting weight to fit under a weight limit in a worked sport. I see weight limits in UFC. I don't agree with a lot of the cutting philosophies, but I see the use of weight classes. They should up that 205 for cruisers by 15 pounds.

Or they could go whole-hog and institute a height limit also and assign Dean Malenko as commissioner of the spinoff VMWF.

NXT is just in a weird place, if it was still just a training facility with a small weekly show, then losing all their big wrestlers wouldn't matter since that is what is supposed to happen. But now that they are a touring brand and have several big events a year in larger arenas, they can't afford to lose all of their most popular wrestlers. They could just take a step back and hope that some of their new wrestlers are a hit with the crowd, but if a wrestler is ready (no matter who it is) hopefully they won't hold them back just because they don't want to lose great wrestlers from being on NXT. They had good luck last time (they lost Sasha, Owens, Zayn, and Charlotte but gained Asuka, Nakamura, Joe, and Balor), all they can hope is the next 'class' also connects with the crowd and keeps the cycle going.

• Like 1