DVDVR Message Board

WWE BRAND SPLIT 2.0

I'm also hoping the secondary titles get built up and there's competition between the respective champions as to who's the best. I thought this was going to happen when Daniel Bryan was WWE Intercontinental Champion, John Cena as WWE United States Champion before Bryan had to vacate the belt and call it a day..

36 minutes ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

I'm feeling a disputed finish at the next PPV and Seth showing up on Smackdown with a new belt.

It's a possibility, but I don't know.  They'll have weakened a belt they've worked reasonably hard to keep elevated and handed a belt to HHH's protege just because.

But if they want to do a Rollins baby face redemption story, have him propose the idea of splitting the belt, only for HHH/Steph to say no and emphasize how he wasn't gone for two days before HHH was basically handing the WHC title to Roman with no hesitation--AND said that Roman was their first choice for the Authority when scouting The Shield.

A HHH/Steph/Rollins fallout is coming.  It's just a matter of how they play it.  Not sure if a newly minted heavyweight belt factors in.

2 minutes ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

Thats hard to say.  They don't have enough women to split them.  as it is they only focus on like 4 women at a time tops.  I don't think its a priority.  I think they go with 1 world champ.  Cena stays on RAW as US champ.  IC belt goes to the Smackadown!.  Women to Smackdown, Tags stay on RAW.

The one you are "forgetting" is that they are adding a Cruiserweight Title (Oops spoiler - but it is too hard to not discuss that now).

The women's roster is a little deeper than I think people realize (it is just injuries boning them right now)

Plus they are doing a Women's Classic Tournament so they could do straight callups out of that or call up some more women (besides the obvious Bayley/Asuka call ups) and repopulate NXT

Oh man I hope we get Women's Tag belts. the womens division is all kinds of fun these days both WWE and NXT. also a couple weeks ago  Iwas thinking that the best thing to do with Eva Marie would be have her and Nia be a tag team, be the first womens tag champs, and Eva takes no bumps for atleast three months, she just comes in when Nia has the opponent down does a few moves tags back out, tease a face getting ahold of her a few times before hand and then once Becky or Sasha or whoever get ahold of her the crowd would go crazy.

• Like 1

If they're alternating "PPVs," how about the IC and US title are show-specific top belts and the guy with the belt at "PPV" time gets the world title shot?  Essentially, they would serve as "#1 contender" spots.  Instant credibility for titles that haven't had it in a long time.

• Like 2

Women currently on roster

Spoiler

WWE

Charlotte

Sasha Banks

Becky Lynch

Dana Brooke

Natalya

Paige

Summer Rae

Alicia Fox

Lana (technically)

Eva Marie (I don't know where they officially count her so I am putting her here)

Naomi (I believe is about to return from injury)

Rosa Mendes (Hey - she is still listed on the roster)

Potentially NXT Callups

Bayley

Asuka

Nia Jax

Alexa Bliss

Longer term injuries

Emma

Tamina

Nikki Bella

Maybe overthinking it, but PR-wise it seems like a hard sell to have all the women cordoned off on just one show...  I know they'd really have to stretch things but maybe their alignment could be a little more flexible, and maybe accommodate the Women's singles championship on Raw and the presumed Women's Tag Titles on SmackDown, or vice versa.

This could also give each show a tag title, and avoid having to make two once more.  The WWE struggles enough to keep enough viable tag teams going at one time - a second set of titles with a bunch of token Vaudevillains/Ascension reigns would sure not be great.

4 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

If they're alternating "PPVs," how about the IC and US title are show-specific top belts and the guy with the belt at "PPV" time gets the world title shot?  Essentially, they would serve as "#1 contender" spots.  Instant credibility for titles that haven't had it in a long time.

Yeah, but what about the storylines that put smiles on the WWE Universe members faces.  And if someone had a long run with a belt we would see the same main events over and over......which i guess is how it works now.  

• Like 1

Women were RAW only last time but can't see that flying these days, especially as there's double on the roster.

My only desire is to see this become a permanant fixture as opposed to the half-baked one it was last time. And I'd prefer them to keep one heavyweight title/touring champion with each brand having their own focal title (US and IC) - this should be much more achievable these days as there aren't the egos at the top anymore vying for title runs

• Like 1

They could really use this as an opportunity to at least try to elevate the Women's title to being on par with the Mens.

Put all the women on Smackdown and treat that like the biggest title on the brand.  That way you don't have to split the women into horribly thin rosters across both programs and there's a justifiable reason for it.  Add the women's tag, US and cruiserweight and have RAW go back to the classic 3 WWE titles (WWE, IC & Tag Team).

2 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Shane returns...

Shane: "Dad, I want control of RAW!"

Vince: "Fine, but only if you beat the Undertaker!"

Shane loses...

Vince: "You know what kid, you can have RAW anyway."

Shane: "Great, it's time for a new era!"

One month later...

Shane: "Dad, I want control of Smackdown!"

what an entitled little prick.

• Like 8

This explains some of the questionable NXT callups like Apollo Crews and Dana Brooke. They're going to be filling out the rosters to do this. 

I bet Shinsuke Nakamura, Finn Bálor, and Samoa Joe are not long for NXT, and I think that after they push a few of the ladies, Bayley and Asuka will be on their way up, too. 

I'm guessing at one world title, one secondary title, one tag title, and one women's title per show. They can push their sports entertainment-style stars on RAW and the smark darling stars on Smackdown, and ne'er the twain shall meet except for at major shows. 

I also hope that tag teams are treated as a unit for the purposes of the draft. No need for another D-Von/Bubba Ray split. 

• Like 2

I guess this is why folks like Bobby Roode have just been kinda in limbo

Poor poor James Storm

Oh and I will randomly mention that maybe Cody Rhodes should have slept on his decision for a couple of days...

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I guess this is why folks like Bobby Roode have just been kinda in limbo

Poor poor James Storm

Oh and I will randomly mention that maybe Cody Rhodes should have slept on his decision for a couple of days...

Honestly, if he wants to come back in a year, he'll probably be able to do so in a much better position than he'd be in after another year of Stardust.

• Like 1

I'm intrigued by this. I'm also interested in what this means for house shows, will people be choosy going for one roster lineup and foregoing the other? I bought my tickets in advance for WWE's return in November so lets see what happens.