DVDVR Message Board

Game Horrors You Don't Ever Want To Put Yourself Through Ever Again.

J.T.

The Collector ship was the hardest bit on ME2 on Insanity. Everything that came after was easy compared to it (although I did pick teammates less than wisely, and apparently if you have Stasis as your secondary power you can make the Scion on the moving platform die by locking him in place while the platform moves).

Sad Panda Skydiving in Saint's Row 3 (DLC) does my head in though. And TK Rift in SR4.

3 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Having discussions with people that think Crusader Kings II: Fist of A Thousand DLC's is an acceptable business model.

I think what they did with Crusader Kings II is fine because you can till play the game just fine with none of it. Now I think some things like the unit packs easily could have been folded into the main dlc. Also if you pay full price for any of the dlc your nuts since a) it always goes on sale with the steam sales and b) when new dlc comes out. 

People mentioned some of the ones I thought of (Level 3 Heli Assault in SR2, Zero prop copter mission). 

I never 100% completed SR4 because of those terrible Professor Genki's minigames. The ones in SR3 were incredibly fun, but the ones in SR4 were just so tiresome and frustrating that I gave up. 

As I've posted about in the catch-all thread, I've played through the Galaxy games over the past few months, and I'll never play those fucking gyro levels again if I can help it. Rolling Gizmo and Rolling Coaster both come immediately to mind. 

The Shao Kahn boss fight to end the story mode of MK9 was so brutal that I'll never do that story mode again. It took me forever to beat it. 

Ninja Gaiden 6-2. FUCK that level and fuck those bats. Fuuuuuuck. 

Stone Cherubs in Ghostbusters.

Final boss on the Conan PS3 game.

Boost Guardian on Metroid Prime 2.

Entire 2013 Thief game.

Everything that wasn't a dungeon in Skyward Sword.

Enclave on Painkiller.  I still can't beat this thing after 10+ years.

Pretty much every fistfight in Witcher 3.

Uncharted 1 Jetski section.

There's this chase sequence on Splinter Cell for the GBA that is unholy.

Jet Set Radio Future train boss.

Rygar PS2 Typhon boss.

First part of the Wesker boss on Resident Evil 5.

"Taste My Big Boner!" / Being chased by Paula / The last two bosses in Shadows of the Damned. If you care about getting a Platinum, you have to do this THREE times.

Maneater in Demon's Souls.

The Four Kings & The Bed of Chaos in Dark Souls.

Radec on Elite difficulty in Killzone 2.

Combat challenges in Batman: Arkham Asylum, much less max out ALL of them.

I've done all of these. I'm probably nuts.

POE reminded me that was definitely something in Arkham Knight that infuriated me so much I was on the urge of quitting. I just can't remember the exact thing so I am assuming I blacked it out.

All those bloody extreme tracks on Trials HD, you could spend half an hour utterly failing to get past an awkwardly placed box. I played the other Trials games but didn't even bother with the extreme ones. A friend of mine crushed an xbox controller with his bare hands playing Fusion.

Some of the challenges in Skate 2 and 3 were murder too, trying to judo kick pedestrians at whatever speed you needed to be going.

F1 Career Challenge for the Gamecube - never got past the qualifying stage, never played it again.

All that stuff where you're throwing goons from high places on Wrestlemania 19.

Peggle, fucking Peggle.

80% of the people in this thread hear James Woods imploring, "learn to fly, Carl!" in their nightmares.

That shit was horrible, game design-wise.  The entire story comes to a halt and you're stuck at an abandoned airport in the desert, far from everything, no missions available and nothing to do, unable to continue until you pass these stupid training missions.  Dirt fucking worst.  I'm sure SO many people simply stopped played GTA:SA because of that. 

Game design so bad I'm still mad about it over a decade later.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

POE reminded me that was definitely something in Arkham Knight that infuriated me so much I was on the urge of quitting. I just can't remember the exact thing so I am assuming I blacked it out.

Any Arkham game, most Riddler traps, esp involving the remotecontrolled batarang

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 1:58 PM, Cyanide said:

Possessed Praetorians say sup.

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 1:05 PM, J.T. said:
  • WHO SET THIS COLLECTOR BULLSHIT ON GOLD~?