DVDVR Message Board

RAW IS SETH ROLLZZzzzzzzz (5/23/16...except the opening which was 5/23/15)

piranesi

2 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Don't you want to see how it plays out?

I mean, I kinda did. In the Extreme Rules thread I wondered where AJ goes from here.

Apparently it's losing his stable and jobbing clean. So that's how that played out.

And Rollins is a heel. Great.

I don't care that AJ lost again he'll be fine but my god they continue to make the same mistakes over and over again.  Having AJ put over Reigns in a promo is the same shit they did with Bryan. It DOES NOT WORK.  What about that do they not understand?  You want Reigns to be the top guy, fine. Some people love him, some people don't but it's fine. However, you do not have to have AJ do that. It makes no sense and nobody wants to hear it.

• Like 5

Oh and because Reigns must be pushed as a babyface hero instead of a badass tweener they then have to push Roilins as a chickenshit heel which he is not great at and again that also makes no sense because the crowd wants to cheer for him.  It deflated the whole segment and set themselves up for a weak ass program between the two.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Matt D said:

At least we know Roman'll carry him to a pretty good match in a couple of weeks. 

Roman is a good wrestler and I understand what your gimmick is and all that but he does not carry anyone. When he's in there with an average/subpar wrestler (which Rollins is not, he's great) the matches are not very good. We've seen that time and time again... 

• Like 2

I'll miss Stage Dad Flair but I was in the camp that enjoyed the Charlotte promo. It started kind of shaky but she recovered and had the crowd hating her. When she is finally dethroned, it is gonna be glorious. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

I mean, I kinda did. In the Extreme Rules thread I wondered where AJ goes from here.

Feuding with Finn. But let's be honest, as great as he is in-ring, AJ's mic skills are rather cringeworthy. In that aspect, he comes off as a southern indie guy, in the worst possible way. 

3 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Roman is a good wrestler and I understand what your gimmick is and all that but he does not carry anyone. When he's in there with an average/subpar wrestler (which Rollins is not, he's great) the matches are not very good. We've seen that time and time again... 

Name three examples. 

I'll give you the Wyatt one as a freebie. So that's two.

Also, I think people still don't understand the criticisms of Rollins.

3 minutes ago, ChrisM said:

Feuding with Finn. But let's be honest, as great as he is in-ring, AJ's mic skills are rather cringeworthy. In that aspect, he comes off as a southern indie guy, in the worst possible way. 

So who is good on the mic, in your opinion?

Just now, Matt D said:

Name three examples. 

I'll give you the Wyatt one as a freebie. So that's two.

Also, I think people still don't understand the criticisms of Rollins.

I'll do you one better. Name the great match that Roman has had with someone who isn't all-world.   Also, yeah go ahead explain the criticism of Rollins if you must.

I've realized the problem isn't Reigns, it's everyone being forced into roles around Reigns.  I watched up until Shane came out and turned it off.  I can't believe they are going back to heel Rollins when A. He is a better face and B. NO ONE WANTS TO BOO A GUY WHO IS COMING BACK FROM AN ACL TEAR.

So stupid.

• Like 3

"AJ, you did good by us, now we must break up your stable and ship you down a rung or two but we owe you one, pal" 

"Seth, we know the people want to cheer for you, but we have nothing for you on that side" 

I'm being overly dramatic but that is essentially what's happening...  I think WWE would be better served if they would just say fuck it and continue on with AJ and the bullet club as they were and continue on with Rollins as a face and just have him fight a tweener Roman. 

What would be the issue with any of that?  Why does Seth need to be booed?  Why does AJ have to move down or break away from his guys already?  Makes no sense. They are going against the grain all in an attempt to force feed Reigns into a role that isn't going to work for him.

10 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

"AJ, you did good by us, now we must break up your stable and ship you down a rung or two but we owe you one, pal" 

"Seth, we know the people want to cheer for you, but we have nothing for you on that side" 

I'm being overly dramatic but that is essentially what's happening...  I think WWE would be better served if they would just say fuck it and continue on with AJ and the bullet club as they were and continue on with Rollins as a face and just have him fight a tweener Roman. 

What would be the issue with any of that?  Why does Seth need to be booed?  Why does AJ have to move down or break away from his guys already?  Makes no sense. They are going against the grain all in an attempt to force feed Reigns into a role that isn't going to work for him.

All because of a 70 year old meglomaniac and his massive boner for a Samoan with shampoo commerical quality hair. 

It's time to end the Roman experiment, so he can feud with someone over another ficticious Japanese shampoo commercial. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, EVA said:

Works "unorthodox street fighter" in the ring better, too.

Has better offense too. In fact I can't think of anything Enzo doesn't do better than Ambrose.

AJ picking Balor as his partner against Gallows and Anderson would be the most Sting thing ever.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Jrag said:

I've realized the problem isn't Reigns, it's everyone being forced into roles around Reigns.  

That is a really, really great point.  When the Rollins vs Reigns feud falls flat on its ass, it will be because neither guy is very good at playing the role they've been given.

If only there was an already established precedent for how Vince should book a young Samoan prodigy that's been rejected by the fans...

Apollo Crews is the shitty e-wrestling character the guy running your fed makes who has all of the flippy moves that masturbated over in hour 1 of Nitro in 1997, all of the power moves he did to his Wrestling Buddy in 1987, doesn't ever sell because why would you be weak, and has no character and nothing bugs him. Holy shit he is easily the worst wrestler on the roster.

• Like 4

I'm a big Charlotte supporter and think she's great for the women's division, but for the love of God can someone backstage remind her that she's holding a microphone during her promos, which means SHE DOES NOT NEED TO SCREAM EVERY WORD SHE SAYS AT THE TOP OF HER LUNGS. It's a fucking microphone plugged into the arena's PA system. You can whisper and we'll hear you just fine.

• Like 1