DVDVR Message Board

RAW IS SETH ROLLZZzzzzzzz (5/23/16...except the opening which was 5/23/15)

piranesi

first fucking thing thye have him do coming back is open a show with a 20 minute promo in which he

- reminded us why we were sick of him
- literally spelled out to us step by step, word for word why we were sick of him in case we forgot
- re-enacted the things we were sick of him for almost like he was cosplaying "shitty Seth Rollins" at a shitty wrestling con.
- made me hit ff on his first promo back almost like it was a kind of nostalgia act. Like an episode of "I loved Summer 2014-15" except no one loved any of it.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, piranesi said:

first fucking thing thye have him do coming back is open a show with a 20 minute promo in which he

- reminding us why we were sick of him
- literally spelled out to us step by step, word for word why we were sick of him unless we forgot
- re-enacted the things we were sick of him for almost like he was cosplaying "shitty Seth Rollins" at a shitty wrestling con.
- made me hit ff on his first promo back almost like it was a kind of nostalgia act. Like an episode of "I loved Summer 2014-15" except no one loved any of it.

But hey...at least he got that blonde streak out of his hair!

Everyone needs to find an Uncle Arn!  WHY IS THIS NOT THE TAGLINE OF A MOVIE!?!?!?

But the Flair thing was the weirdest thing I've seen in a long time.  Half angle Half shoot that no one wants to see. Ric Flair sort of acting sort of probably really feeling like an actual sad old man who neglected his kids and sort of thinking he's just working the crowd but sort of working himself and sort of not all at once.  Charlotte Flair kind of trying to impress her dad, kind of role-playing the speech she made to an empty chair a hundred times.  And I imagine them congratulating each other backstage and then looking off into the distance like Dustin Hofmann and Katherine Ross at the end of THE GRADUATE.

Look we all know on some level that The Sadness of Old man Ric is a thing but it doesn't have to be THIS MUCH OF A THING, MAN!!!

But pleeease let this lead to Sasha stealing what's left of Ric's money and giving it away during her ring entrances PLEEEASE WWE I"LL NEVE ASK YOU FOR ANYTHING EVER AGINA@@!!!!

• Like 3

You know what? I can hear Cole from where I am too and it really does suck.  Thank you, Kevin Owens, for saying something. 

I'd kind of like to have a kidn of Kevin Owens with me whenever I go to a movie theater.

"SHUT UP RANDO ASSHOLE ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU ALREADY SAW THE BEST JOKES IN THE TRAILER I CAN HEAR YOU FROM HERE!"

• Like 2

Judging on some of the reaction, the Charlotte promo was something people either loved or hated. Gotta put me in the loved camp. She's arrogant, condescending, obnoxious, and the pop when she gets hers is going to be massive. She doesn't need Ric at this point and it will allow her programs to be about HER and not about him.

I don't really understand the people who are so against her unless they have other hangups about her being in this spot. Even then, I can't see anyone else on the roster generating this type of reaction.

There were so many stupid things about that Jericho vs Crews match. 

1.  Having the match itself was a sign something bad was going to happen

2.  Jericho's over the top selling of "STEEL" thumbtacks according to Cole.  I like the effort but come nobody is buying this.

3.  Apollo Crews being taken out by Shemaus about 20 minutes earlier and Crews completely no selling it with his usual smiling bullshit

4.  Jericho actually winning the match.   Why even bring Apollo to the main roster?

I feel like tonight was AJ Styles' first real taste of what it means to be a WWE superstar.

You just more than held up your end of the hottest post-Mania feud in years and made our Guy look like a million bucks...so now we're going to not only break up your over stable, but we're going to have you do it in a way that actually turns you heel with the crowd on accident, and then job you out clean, so you're not even in the big multi-man PPV match coming up!

That is surely the most WWE thing that has ever happened to him.

• Like 6

Just now, hammerva said:

There were so many stupid things about that Jericho vs Crews match. 

1.  Having the match itself was a sign something bad was going to happen

2.  Jericho's over the top selling of "STEEL" thumbtacks according to Cole.  

3.  Apollo Crews being taken out by Shemaus about 20 minutes earlier and Crews completely no selling it with his usual smiling bullshit

4.  Jericho actually winning the match.   Why even bring Apollo to the main roster?

5. A half dead Jericho who only 24 hours earlier was turned into a human pin cushion can defeat Apollo Crews cleanly with little difficulty.

Was that Crews' first loss? What a way to end his win streak if it was. 

• Like 1

Ahh, the 20 minute meandering promo to open the show when five minuts would have been sufficient. Between that and the heel authority figure, fuck you Attitude era!

I was shocked as hell that Gallows & Anderson didn't cost AJ the match. It will be interesting to see who AJ's backup will be against Balor Club. 

Really glad to see Enzo back. 

I don't see the issue with AJ losing; he had a big match the previous night, and it put Owens over clean and kept the pop up powerbomb strong. From a storyline POV, Styles dismissed Anderson and Gallows, then lost right after. Hopefully they'll bring that up and AJ can question if he really should be on his own.

I'm never going to be bothered by Owens going over in a Raw main event. 

But ugh, Seth instantly turning on the fans feel like Buff Bagwell going heel after his neck injury

I figured Anderson and Gallows would cost AJ the match which would lead to AJ bringing Balor up as his partner. Then Owens beat him clean and I thought "Huh...wonder what they'll do now."

I would have been pissed if AJ won. Dude took a powerbomb on the steps. If the steps can stop Brock, they should stop AJ.

I suspect Balor will come in after NXT Takeover, under the guise of helping Styles battle Gallows and Anderson, only to turn against him. Imagine the Barclay's Center smarkdom level when AJ faces Finn?

1 minute ago, evilwaldo said:

Both Enzo and Big Cass will be huge singles wrestlers in different ways.  

If anything, I can see Enzo being a mouthpiece for Cass. But yeah, those guys are insanely over. Especially Enzo. 

• Like 1