DVDVR Message Board

Everyone Suddenly Cares About Cody Rhodes...

Per Joe in the Indy thread - Cody is going to be wrestling Liger

And at the EVOLVE show last night - they announced that Cody is the 4th member of the "I hate WWE - we got over on our own" faction (with Drew Galloway, EC3 and Chris Hero)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A worker, you know, a grappler, a worker, a stud. So, I tell them I'm a pro stud, and who do you think they give me? Oliver Queen, himself. Playboy son of the Sterling City. The leather pants, the hoodie, cut... striking. So, I'm on Raw with him. I give him the rub. He hauls off and whacks me - big potatoer, the Arrow, into a Summerslam gimmick match, right at the base of Neville's debut. Do you know what the Meltz says? two stars... two and a half stars. So we finish putting him over and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Arrow, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any push, but when you get released, on your twitter, you will receive news of a one-time guest spot on my mildly successful CW show." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Posted it in the ROH thread but thought i'd post it here too

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/cody-rhodes-signed-compete-roh-s-final-battle

codyrhodesfinalbattle1.jpg

The biggest event of 2016 for Ring of Honor Wrestling (ROH) will take place on Friday December 2ndat The Manhattan Center’s Hammerstein Ballroom as “Final Battle” returns to NYC. The culmination of twelve months of intense competition, heart-stopping excitement and the Best Pro Wrestling on the Planet, “Final Battle” provides the athletes of Ring of Honor one more opportunity to prove their domination.

ROH is pleased to announce that the first wrestler signed to compete for the 2016’s “Final Battle” is Cody Rhodes, a second-generation star who will be making his Ring of Honor debut on Friday December 2nd.

Cody made his ROH and “Final Battle” intentions known first on Twitter (@CodyRhodes) by tweeting out a “Final Battle” image, with Cody looming over the NYC skyline. ROH Matchmaker Nigel McGuinness confirmed the signing of Rhodes for what promises to be the biggest event of 2016 in Ring of Honor.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Facebook Trending cursor rollover telling me Cody joined the Bullet Club Japan. Overnight he went from indie praise for Bucking The System to being third banana to Kenny and the Bucks. Way to go you son of a bull of the woods.

I keed, I keed. Really, he's a good guy, far as I've heard.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, nate said:

How much of his list has he checked off so far?

8/14

Ones left: Adam Cole, Dalton Castle, Moose, Young Bucks, Shibata, and unfortunately the one I guess he won't get, Roderick Strong

Completed: BOLA (Sept 3-4), Angle (Aug 27, Oct 8), Hero (Aug 20, Sept 8), The Miracle (Aug 26, Oct 3), Pat Buck (Sept 10), Streamers (ROH Final Battle) Trevor Lee (Sept 23), Personal Ring Announcer (various)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

8/14

Ones left: Adam Cole, Dalton Castle, Moose, Young Bucks, Shibata, and unfortunately the one I guess he won't get, Roderick Strong

Completed: BOLA (Sept 3-4), Angle (Aug 27, Oct 8), Hero (Aug 20, Sept 8), The Miracle (Aug 26, Oct 3), Pat Buck (Sept 10), Streamers (ROH Final Battle) Trevor Lee (Sept 23), Personal Ring Announcer (various)

He is teaming with Cole at the Atlanta TV taping so it is possible they will shoot something there that turns into a Cole vs. Cody match

And Shibata is now possible since Cody is in New Japan