DVDVR Message Board

"Where it went wrong for..."

They've said in shoot interviews that they were in their 40s at the time and were glad to have a more relaxed schedule and style of wrestling, plus that the roles they were playing in the WWE were pretty much who they actually were as people, so it was an easy gig for them to have.

3 hours ago, evilwaldo said:

Ziggler when he cashed in and the Royal Rumble match where he looked like a new champion.

I thought Ziggler's last stand was when he got kicked in the head by Swagger. He just cashed in MITB to an all-time pop and looked like he was finally gonna break through after years of floundering. Then he gets potatoed by Swagger before his first defense giving him a concussion and a few weeks on the shelf. His first match back was dropping the strap to Del Rio. The match was a MOTDC to be fair, but it still seemed like that was Dolph's last chance, especially with Bryan on the rise at the same time.

1 hour ago, Go2Sleep said:

I thought Ziggler's last stand was when he got kicked in the head by Swagger. He just cashed in MITB to an all-time pop and looked like he was finally gonna break through after years of floundering. Then he gets potatoed by Swagger before his first defense giving him a concussion and a few weeks on the shelf. His first match back was dropping the strap to Del Rio. The match was a MOTDC to be fair, but it still seemed like that was Dolph's last chance, especially with Bryan on the rise at the same time.

I should correct Royal Rumble to Survivor Series.  It looked like he was back in good graces after the way he got booked but then slammed back to the roster ladder.

Ted DiBiase hitting Kerry Von Erich with the I-C belt so Mr Perfect could regain the title.  Last time Kerry was ever relevant in wrestling.

Demolition completely obliterating Ken Patera and Billy Jack Haynes in a Superstars angle pretty much ended their WWF careers.

I've never been a fan of the guy, at all, but for me any potential Dolph Ziggler had evaporated when he became "the new and improved Dolph Ziggler"... which solely involved cutting his hair and dying it black

Fred Ottman is pleased by this thread.

Even worse than the Heyman moment for Cesaro is when, after heating up some after the Vince interview, they gave him a solo promo in the ring where he said the ring had three sides, and then rather than rolling with it, he tried to explain he meant the three ropes.  You could hear Vince screaming "told ya so" through the TV.