DVDVR Message Board

2016 NBA Playoffs: SEMIFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

23 minutes ago, Vincey Greene said:

I don't think anybody minds OKC making it; Durant is a Face of the Franchise type guy.

Toronto would be a problem. Also LOL at the concept of Toronto winning that series.

I don't think they will win either, just that it would a giant turd sandwich. . . .

Fuck Draymond Green. If the rationale to not suspend Draymond is that it'll hand the series to the Thunder than can everyone shut up about Curry being the GOAT?

(I'm fully expecting the league not to suspend Draymond claiming that it was not intentional and possibly rescinding the flagrant)

1 hour ago, Kuetsar said:

He's lucky he's playing now and not 25 years ago. Karl Malone or Bill Laimbeer would have knocked his cheap shoting ass out. . .

If he was lucky.  Rodman or Mason would have chop blocked his knee for that. 

Seriously though, if the Cavs 14th man gets a game off for a cup check, this should at least be the same, if not more.  And yeah, it sucks having suspensions decide your season, but as someone who lived through Heat-Knicks '98, fuck him. 

• Like 3

Doubly so because it's the second time in as many games.

I wonder what percentage of his actions are motivated by the post-game comments from Adams after game 1. 

Even if it was an accident, who gives a shit? You do that "accidentally" or not, your ass should sit down. Or if he plays, the Thunder player who uses Street justice on his ass shouldn't be suspended either. . .

4 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

Even if it was an accident, who gives a shit? You do that "accidentally" or not, your ass should sit down. Or if he plays, the Thunder player who uses Street justice on his ass shouldn't be suspended either. . .

If this bullshit move doesn't get him suspended, which it won't, they absolutely should go this route at this dude.  If this would have happened when the Bad Boys played Kuestar is absolutely right.  This would have been a non issue because Green wouldn't even be able to walk right now.

33 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

On ESPN this morning, they were saying that the determining factor is safety, not intent.  I.E., if you kick someone in the groin, you'll probably get suspended even if it is accidental because the league feels it's an unsafe play that could injure someone.

BTW, I had First Take on at the office this morning (I know....).  At lunch, our office manager asked me what movie I was watching.  She thought I had a horror or disaster movie on.  She couldn't make out what was being said.  She just heard a lot of screaming,

Lol, Screaming A was complaining just last week that his nickname is somewhat undeserved because there are more than a couple white sportscasters who scream just as much.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Charlie M. said:

If this were a previous era someone would have pushed Draymond and they would have thrown horrible punches that missed by a mile.

BUDDY, they would have hit a missile dropkick and emasculated him, bruh. SO TUFF. The fetishizing of the '90s toughness and defensive ability around here is sometimes eye-roll inducing. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

BUDDY, they would have hit a missile dropkick and emasculated him, bruh. SO TUFF. The fetishizing of the '90s toughness and defensive ability around here is sometimes eye-roll inducing. 

Yeah, I know what you mean man.  Those pussies. 

• Like 2

Karl brings the cheap elbow and we get a bunch of guys pretending to throw punches/rassle. Is this where I bust out the Rock eye roll gif? Or Metta elbowing Harden?

Look at Charles at the start of that "brawl" with Laimbeer. He's leaning back with his arm extended so he doesn't get clocked! 

Don't get me wrong, I love the first half of the '90s NBA. But, I think the Bulls and that entire era have taken on a mythical status that is just absurd. Like, they would perfectly adapt to any scenario in time and shit. The Warriors broke their record at a time when there is great talent throughout the league. The Sixers and Lakers are the only hideously shitty teams in the league right now and Warriors lost to one of them while still breaking the record.

• Like 1