DVDVR Message Board

2016 NBA Playoffs: SEMIFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

That was quite the Westbrook show in the second half. For all the shit he gets from people, his heart is unquestionable. 7 steals too, he was everywhere. Steven Adams is playing out of his mind too.  The guy is 22-years old and looks like a veteran leader in the Western Conference Finals.

Scariest thing about that game is Durant shot terribly and they still won.  Klay was good, Curry hit some crazy shots but it wasn't quite what you'd expect from him.

Westbrook is better than Curry.

Curry was gunshy at the end passing up shots. Hell, a few times they didn't even bother passing to him when he was wide open.

Twin towers lineup may be the solution to the small ball. 

And Durang had an awful game. What happens when Westbrook and Durant get hot at the same time?

I''ll try not to overreact after game 1, especially since I know Kerr is open to adjustments.  However, the bigs on OKC did what they need to do for the entire series.  Be athletic enough to challenge shots from the Warriors' guards, and live with the Curry/Klay/etc impossible 3 point shots.  Also, try your damnest to limit the Warriors to 1 shot when they miss them.  There was some Cavs/Warriors-ness to the last couple minutes of that game.  Many misses from Durant, but good defense and some post-ups.

Westbrook's 3rd quarter deserves another mention considering how bad his shooting was before it.

Westbrook is somehow still UNDERRATED.   He's  one of the most complete guards I've ever seen. Steven Adams everyone should be talking Steven Adams. He's 22!

This is awesome. I still think the Warriors will come out of this but OKC is by far their biggest challenge yet over the past two years.

27 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Have the Warriors become the insufferable team to the nation where it's celebrated when they lose?  Unrelated but Klay Thompson has the most punchable face in the NBA.

Him and David Blatt both look like Easter Island statues.

• Like 1

So Westbrook and Durant shoot 17-51 at 33% and OKC still wins on the road? The Warriors can't keep OKC out of the paint if they keep attacking the basket and keep the turnovers down they'll win this series. OKC only shot 68% from the line, but they attempted 32. In the playoffs I'll take the team that shoots 17 3's and 32 FT over the team that shoots 30 3's and 17 FT.

Westbrook had a prime Magic Johnson like season this year with 23.5, 7.8, 10.4. Nobody should be underrating him at this point.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

OKC beat GSW at home... and overcame a 14 point deficit.  Mother fuckers need to be concerned.

They have beaten the Spurs and GS at home as many times in the last week as the rest of the league did all season!

32 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Shout out to Steven Adams for making a mistake, admitting his mistake and apologizing without deflecting.  This story is over, because he handled it the exact way a person should.

Plus if you watched the interview it was so obviously a non-issue.  He was out of breath and stumbling to find the right word.

I can't believe that dude is only 22.  He looks and plays like a vet.

Edit: Also, this quote is great:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jrag said:

Plus if you watched the interview it was so obviously a non-issue.  He was out of breath and stumbling to find the right word.

I can't believe that dude is only 22.  He looks and plays like a vet.

It is obvious he made a mistake, but most people use that as an excuse to try to deflect blame from themselves.  He owned it, admitted it was a mistake and didn't try to shift blame to anyone else.  I'm someone who generally hates athlete apologies, both because they are apologizing for nothing or because they are blaming the people they hurt for their actions.  He did it right and I wanted to point it out. 

Steven Adams also needs to replace the "Most Interesting Man in the World."

• Like 1

I saw an interesting stat that 17 of the Warriors 36 defensive rebounds were grabbed by Klay and Steph. This is a great look in to the trickle down effects from going big. When the Thunder go big and pack the paint, it forces the Warriors backcourt to have to crash hard in order to help an overmatched from line. This in turn prevents things like Draymond getting a head of steam after a rebound, or a long outlet pass, and the semi transition baskets that the Warriors thrive on were essentially muted for large stretches of the game. 

I'm sure Kerr will adjust, but if the Warriors bigs can't fight down low without the help of the shooters, it slows down the whole machine. 

All this said, I would not be shocked in the least if the Warriors win game two by 25.