DVDVR Message Board

2016 NBA Playoffs: SEMIFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

Thunder/Warriors starts Monday.  

Cavs start whenever the other two teams decides who's doing the j-o-b.

Expect to see this about 84 quadrillion times in the next weekend:

OKC and GSW had a game that many pundits not prone to hyperbole described as the best regular season game in NBA history. I am prone to hyperbole but think I would agree with that sentiment. Steph/KD/Russ are three of the best five players in the league. Draymond and Klay are in the Top 10 argument, and Ibaka's so slept on. OKC has somehow ended up with a bunch of great roleplayers and GSW has it's awesome guys.

This is going to be great.

I think there is a pretty good chance there will be a fight in this series. I also think there is a pretty good chance that Draymond Green will be involved, but somehow won't be suspended despite clear video evidence that he probably deserves to be. 

There is also a better than even chance that Dion Waiters tries to go shot for shot with Steph Curry at a crucial time, and the camera cuts to Russell Westbrook with murder in his eyes and heart. 

The Cavs have opened as 11 point favorites for tomorrow night. That seems high, unless you really think that Atlanta was a better team than Toronto or Miami.

I'm all for the Cavs having a casual, overconfident outlook for this series. The Cavaliers regular season record was 57-25, the Raptors 56-26. The Raptors won the season series 2-1. This will not be a cakewalk for Cleveland.

Yeah, and Destroy Erin the season series 3-1 over Cleveland. Didn't matter at all.

If Cleveland plays the way they have the first two rounds and Toronto pays the easy they did the first two, Cavs are gonna sweep another overmatched opponent.

Edit: what the fuck? Detroit

6 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Yeah, and Destroy Erin the season series 3-1 over Cleveland. Didn't matter at all.

If Cleveland plays the way they have the first two rounds and Toronto pays the easy they did the first two, Cavs are gonna sweep another overmatched opponent.

Brian.  Who's Erin, and how did she hurt you? 

GSW almost turns it into a laughter. OKC fights back gets fairly close. GSW guides on another run. Steph Curry does something insane. There's your first half recap.

If the Thunder's defense is going to look like what it did in the 1st half and turn over the ball, they can forget it.  Even a Durant or Westbrook hot shooting night won't save them this round, both of those guys are having rough offensive nights so far.

Westbrook brought the Thunder back in the 3rd.  OKC is going to need the defense to hold up and more importantly, for Durant to come alive.  They got a shot, but those last 4 minutes are usually tough.

5 hours ago, Infinit said:

I'm all for the Cavs having a casual, overconfident outlook for this series. The Cavaliers regular season record was 57-25, the Raptors 56-26. The Raptors won the season series 2-1. This will not be a cakewalk for Cleveland.

LOL

Y'all are really sleeping on this Thunder team and have been all year. I wish I had taken that future bet I talked about a few months ago.

They are a team that won a few less games than they should have in the regular season, but the talent is really incomparable. Nobody else has a duo like Durant and Westbrook. They played down to some shitty teams this year, but they had a variety of factors at play with a new coach and mixing Durant back in to the Westbrook O.

STEVEN ADAMS CLUTCH!!!

31 minutes ago, _MJ_ said:

They got a shot, but those last 4 minutes are usually tough.

Durant has missed a bunch of shots on the offensive end these final minutes and OKC as a whole is not much better, but their big lineup is really helping them out on defense.  The Warriors are missing and not getting 2nd chance points.  Nice.

The big thing about OKC is they literately never figured out their rotation until the middle of the second round. All of a sudden, they've found a lineup that literally barely ever saw the floor together in the regular season that is by far their best overall group.

It was a brilliant move to go with Adams/Kanter against the big Spurs, but it's even more impressive that it worked so well against GS. Billy really improved as the season went along so it's nice to see him get some credit with the Kanter/Adams switch.

I think they have a legit shot to go back to back to back on Spurs/GS/CLE.  Would that be the most impressive playoff run ever if it were to happen?

If the Thunder knock off the Warriors, whether they win the title or not, they belong in the talk of all-time great teams.  Because I don't know of any other team that would have had a more difficult road to the Finals than by knocking off two teams with among the best records in NBA history back-to-back.

The scary thing is that Durant and Westbrook didn't even have particularly good shooting nights.  This could have been a massacre.