DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Original Finishes!!!!

GodzillaPerez

I would have started a thread earlier but I got distracted and rolled up.

I bet Jericho's jacket cost at least 40,50 bucks.

I liked the Reigns-AJ build and D'von's Rainmaker.

Do they call anyone up from NXT so Becky can have a friend (that won't turn on her for at least eight weeks) in the fight against Emma and Dana, or do they just wait for Nattie to lose to Charlotte before they have some holla holla tag matches?

What a nothing show this was outside of AJ-Roman. Way too much "new era" stuff that is barely surface-level. Anyone even casually watching the show over the past year can tell nothing has changed, but at least they've got AJ and Roman clicking and actually feeling like main eventers now.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2016/05/wwe-raw-5-9-16.html

5 minutes ago, zev said:

Do they call anyone up from NXT so Becky can have a friend (that won't turn on her for at least eight weeks) in the fight against Emma and Dana, or do they just wait for Nattie to lose to Charlotte before they have some holla holla tag matches?

Bayley. She'll never turn on any partner. 

• Like 3

Miz-Zayn, Team Samoa vs Team NJPW and Paige-Charlotte were really good matches. The crowd actually seemed to be more behind Roman than any crowd in a long time. 

I had no problem with the Jericho-Dean shenanigans messing up the main event. I think Cass will get more than his share of chances to shine in the spotlight. 

3 minutes ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

I still can't tell if the Colon's new Bureau of Tourism gimmick is heel or face.

I guess it depends on your view of Puerto Rico. If you ask the Harris Brothers, they'll tell you they're heels, along with some other choice words.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, ChrisM said:

Miz-Zayn, Team Samoa vs Team NJPW and Paige-Charlotte were really good matches. The crowd actually seemed to be more behind Roman than any crowd in a long time.

You also have to take into account the old saying about how Nebraskans are two or three years behind the times compared to everyone else. They possibly thought they were cheering for The Shield.

Congrats to Big Cass for that half-night push to the main event he received! Otherwise, show was okay, nothing too terrible minus that almost-awkward comment New Day had with the last minute save.

12 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I guess it depends on your view of Puerto Rico. If you ask the Harris Brothers, they'll tell you they're heels, along with some other choice words.

Well JBL did mention the country is broke, so depends on how snobby you are.

So was Paige always pretty terrible or has she gotten worse?  Like I remember her stuff  in NXT against Emma and Summer Rae with fondness but am wondering if it was simply because it was compared to the main roster stuff like the half-assed AJ-Brie Bella feud.  But man, Paige was awful tonight and has been for the last little while.  She seems to work a style that is the complete antithesis to her strengths as a worker, in that she seems to be a striker who has shitty strikes, bad knees and terrible martial arts-ish kicks.  That finishing sequence where she kind of spin-kicked Nattie in the lower back with the softest kick this side of a high school play was the worst on a night of roll-ups.

That Elimination tag should have been the main event. The crowd wasn't the same after it. The post match angle was money..

The Dana Brooke debut was weird. I guess they expect that people watch NXT and know the history. Now we know why she was gone for months.

Stephanie wasn't actually bad tonight. Guess it helps that she wasn't in the opening segment.

If you notice, the real "Main Event" of RAW is often at the end of the second hour because there's an unavoidable ratings dropoff in the third hour.

I don't care what other plans WWE has, Roman and AJ should just keep feuding for as long as possible.

Roman and AJ are both good at expressing emotion through actions more than words. I think Vince and the writers have realized this and are putting them in situations to get the message across in the ring instead of on the mic.

2 hours ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

I still can't tell if the Colon's new Bureau of Tourism gimmick is heel or face.

It depends on what other jobber tag team they're trading wins with when they're dropped down to Main Event in a few weeks.

The Reigns/AJ stuff is definitely the best on the show. Digging that and Jericho/Ambrose as top feuds. Was thinking the way the night was going that they would cap it off with Cass getting to rollup Jericho off Ambrose distracting.