DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown spoilers for 9/6/13

Overly Critical Man

I actually didn't like RVD v. Orton at all.  Maybe I would have liked it if I hadn't read the comments here first, but I saw it and thought "well RVD just did some stuff that didn't look any good and Orton is trying really hard and that's that."  Props to Orton but there are probably a thousand matches I've seen this year that I thought were better (literally).  

On the other hand I found most of the rest of the show good.  Opening segment was good.  Didn't think it was great, but it was entertaining and set up some stuff for different guys.  I enjoyed Ryback v. Dolph a lot, Ambrose on commentary, Big Show beating up people, the Usos/Americans sprint, and the miracle match that was Axel v. Kofi (though I think it is completely idiotic to have Axel lose to Kofi of all people days before he's expected to work a semi-main against the second biggest babyface in the company on ppv).  Main event was good stuff too.

Ryback has found his zone.  I could watch him as "Yeah! The Big Guy!" for years.

It could be easy to swing him from heel to face every now and then by just having "The Big Guy" attack the right of wrong people.  You never have to explan why.  All motivation and reasoning are already contained in the sentence:

"Yeah! The Big Guy!!!"

• Like 3

I actually didn't like RVD v. Orton at all.  Maybe I would have liked it if I hadn't read the comments here first, but I saw it and thought "well RVD just did some stuff that didn't look any good and Orton is trying really hard and that's that."  Props to Orton 

Orton is the most entertaining guy on the roster now. WWE should remember that Orton was getting reactions just as big as Bryan going against the Shield. They are going to make Orton the top babyface at this rate. 

What I like about this current Orton run so far is that Orton is sort of doing a heel version of Christian's schtick.  Wily vet who takes advantage of his opponents mistakes and shortcomings, but instead of a crafty rollup he will just murder you with a hangman DDT on the apron or some shit.  It's been a good few weeks for him.  

O yeah. And he also brought back the Orton pose on this show mid control segment.  So douchey.  It was awesome!.  

• Like 1

Clearly this just means that Bryan's revenge will be even MORE super-dee-duper awesome.

Triple H and Orton are in the ring. They call out Bryan, who walks to the ring carrying a bazooka. He blows both of them into the 10th row.
Only the tenth row?

I know - total DB burial

Ryback has found his zone.  I could watch him as "Yeah! The Big Guy!" for years.

It could be easy to swing him from heel to face every now and then by just having "The Big Guy" attack the right of wrong people.  You never have to explan why.  All motivation and reasoning are already contained in the sentence:

"Yeah! The Big Guy!!!"

His voice, delivery, heck everything is perfect for this persona. It even makes the crying and the quitting fit right into the bully character.