DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown spoilers for 9/6/13

Overly Critical Man

Did 3MB do something super heelish?  I'm still confused as to why Big Show is so happpy to murder the fuck out of a relatively pathetic Heath Slater as he begs for his life, but is reduced to tears at the thought of even just competing against Daniel Bryan, who is well-nigh indestrctible and basically said "Just bring it, you big dumb fuck!"

• Like 1

Did 3MB do something super heelish?  I'm still confused as to why Big Show is so happpy to murder the fuck out of a relatively pathetic Heath Slater as he begs for his life, but is reduced to tears at the thought of even just competing against Daniel Bryan, who is well-nigh indestrctible and basically said "Just bring it, you big dumb fuck!"

I think Slater shit talked Big Show at the beginning of Smackdown.

Was anyone else impressed at how much when Dean Ambrose would say things like, "Do you know why I like you, Michael?" or "Relax, Michael!" he sounded just like Kiefer Sutherland talking to Jason Patric in THE LOST BOYS?

I, for one, was tingling. 

I was one "Come on, Michael, a billion Chinese people can't be wrong!" away from ruined slacks.

• Like 2

For the people complaining about same old shit, Bryan finally overcame and outsmarted The Shield. Drops his guard down for a half a second, and then Orton strikes with the cheap shot. Awesome dick move, and a logical next twist to the angle. Bryan likely gets the upper hand for the night on Monday, then is screwed at Night of Champions. And as much as I'd love to see Bryan win at Night of Champions, it makes no damn sense story wise for it happen. The money is in the chase then conquer after the chase, and this angle can go logically till Mania at a minimum (and while Bryan will get the title before Mania in all likelihood, it can even wait till then).

Yeah he was doing something different for sure. 

Bryan got to shine quite a bit there at the end with Michael Cole screaming about how he wins all the fair fights.  It was good. 

If I've learned one thing over the years, it's to never trust the clowns that send in Smackdown spoilers.

I think the thing that is most important, and completely overlooked (or at least unmentioned), is that Randy Orton is KILLING IT with this new character and angle in the ring, and he's wrestling the best wrestler in the entire world this millineum next Sunday in the main event for the championship. Everyone is freaking out over hypothetical booking and we're staring a potential MOTY in the face.

• Like 4

Was anyone else impressed at how much when Dean Ambrose would say things like, "Do you know why I like you, Michael?" or "Relax, Michael!" he sounded just like Kiefer Sutherland talking to Jason Patric in THE LOST BOYS?

I, for one, was tingling. 

I was one "Come on, Michael, a billion Chinese people can't be wrong!" away from ruined slacks.

Dean is a really good sociopath. He really comes off like a completely awful and without redemption. I know there's the whole Michael Hayes "A good heel believes what he says" line of thought. I get the vibe from Dean though that he knows what he is doing is completely wrong but doesn't give one crap if it helps his bank account. And, more than that, he actually enjoys doing things that are completely wrong.

• Like 2

I think it's just awesome that the Uso's are finally over as fuck with the crowds, and they're slowly building a tag division.

And HHH is fucking amazing in this role. He's playing on so many pre-existing feelings,embracing them, and over acting them just right.

SD is back to being fun, but feeling unimportant. Axel at least felt like a huge deal here.

Heyman is doing a great job with Axel

Its crazy how guys were bitching about the spoilers concerning how the show ended, It I hadnt read the spoilers I woundve expected anyone to inerupt Bryans celebration at the end. i turned out fine,

fast paced but good show

Great show. I've enjoyed how the past two weeks of Smackdown have felt like an extension of Raw. It fleshes out the main angle and gives the impression that a lot of time is passing between Raws.  

Impressed by how overnight they turned Ziggler  and Rhodes into the no. 2 and no. 3 babyfaces on the roster.

Sandow during the opening was hysterical.

Cesaros finish on one of the Usos looked like death.

Can't complain whenever they run Bryan-Rollins. However, it seems like they've run the match a lot and Rollins usually takes the pin. Was thinking maybe we'd get a Bryan-Reigns match.  

Great show. I've enjoyed how the past two weeks of Smackdown have felt like an extension of Raw. It fleshes out the main angle and gives the impression that a lot of time is passing between Raws.  

yeah kinda like 2000-2001 era

Just watched this. If you don't like the direction they're taking you need to be strapped in Ludovico Technique-style and forced to watch this one a couple of times. The matches are great (they even got a good match out of slow old absurd spots RVD) and the angles and micwork are too. As a show this one was a total package.

• Like 1

I like how they have it set up. You don't HAVE to watch Smackdown to follow what's going on but there's more details to the stories if you do see it. It's sort of a perfect way to use the show.