DVDVR Message Board

Rev Ray

That show is a microcosm of Cornette in the last 5 years.  A whole lot of hype and yelling and then ultimately nothing that makes everything look like an awful work.   

The really bad thing is that they claim to have taped for about 90 minutes and they only showed 19 of it.  I bet all of these are about an hour in length dramatically cut down.  Unless they are planning a DVD of this stuff I don't get it.  

I think Cornette went into it expecting Bischoff to meet him head to head, only for Bischoff to totally defuse the situation immediately and leaving Cornette with no real reason to even be angry at this point, let alone spit vitriol at Bischoff the whole time.  As Cornette said, he was basically trained to consider Bischoff the devil.  Every story has two sides, even if one side is fucked up.

It was nice to see them bond over their mutual dislike of Russo, even if they didn't elaborate too much.

I did like Hayes as the host, although him piping in his part seemed like him getting his shit in, kinda like DDP in the DDP-Vader-Sting Table.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

I think Cornette went into it expecting Bischoff to meet him head to head, only for Bischoff to totally defuse the situation immediately and leaving Cornette with no real reason to even be angry at this point, let alone spit vitriol at Bischoff the whole time.  As Cornette said, he was basically trained to consider Bischoff the devil.  Every story has two sides, even if one side is fucked up.

It was nice to see them bond over their mutual dislike of Russo, even if they didn't elaborate too much.

I did like Hayes as the host, although him piping in his part seemed like him getting his shit in, kinda like DDP in the DDP-Vader-Sting Table.

This was a classic tactic of my father. I get angry and ready to fight, I arrive and he says "I'm sorry son." and by my confusing set of rules and ethics I can no longer be mad. 

It was a bit disappointing. But I don't think those two have enough history to be interesting. Especially since Eric seemed to have genuinely forgotten editing the SMW angle. 

9 hours ago, Victator said:

This was a classic tactic of my father. I get angry and ready to fight, I arrive and he says "I'm sorry son." and by my confusing set of rules and ethics I can no longer be mad. 

It was a bit disappointing. But I don't think those two have enough history to be interesting. Especially since Eric seemed to have genuinely forgotten editing the SMW angle. 

I think it would've been done far better as a Legends Roundtable; like you said, Cornette and Bischoff just don't have enough shared history and experience to really do much interesting interaction.  I still enjoyed the program, as I'm still a big fan of Cornette and I've warmed up greatly over the past decade to Bischoff, especially after reading his book (a lot of stuff is smoke-blowing but a lot of the ideas behind it make sense)

• Like 1

I like how when Cornette asked Bischoff why he didnt try to explain that he had nothing to do with the promo being edited, Bischoff just gives him a polite, "Because who the f**k are you?" response. A little Glengarry Glenross, "I drove here in a black Corvette and you drove a rental. That's my name." swagger.

Vince, Brisco, and Patterson; so the stooges can kiss his ass some more about being the greatest creative mind ever that saved rasslin' from small, smoke filled, dimly lit halls and turned into the global phenomenon known as SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT and filling 100,000 seat stadiums...or some shit.