DVDVR Message Board

Rev Ray

On 5/7/2016 at 5:51 PM, RIPPA said:

I do like how much Madusa and Ivory put over Molly Holly

That was a really great episode.

It's a damn shame that Molly was stuck in things like the "LOL SHE'S FAT" storyline while she was active. She should have been on the level of Trish and Lita, but I don't think she ever quite got there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gonzo said:

It's a damn shame that Molly was stuck in things like the "LOL SHE'S FAT" storyline while she was active. She should have been on the level of Trish and Lita, but I don't think she ever quite got there.

Espically when you think about the fact that Molly and Trish's body types arnt that diffrent

• Like 1

I think my favorite episode was oddly the Miz/Axel/Truth one. Even though those are 3 guys I usually fast forward on tv, they all seemed really cool and likeable in this setting.

I did like the recent "forgotten generation" women too. Molly seems to be like the most normal person in wrestling.

On 22/05/2016 at 4:04 PM, Gonzo said:

Always liked Molly Holly dating back to her WCW days as Miss Madness then Mona.

On 5/22/2016 at 11:04 AM, Gonzo said:

I think Molly was destined to be like Becky Lynch is currently. She's super likable but there's something off that doesn't put her in the top group. Also Molly holds the distinction of being the only female to win a men's title at Wrestlemania (She was the Hardcore champion for like 20 minutes). Mighty Molly might be my favorite female character of all time

• Like 1

Pretty good but it seems like Foley hit the sun a bit too much as he looked really red in the face.   Also funny that Foley has to eat by talking his falsies out and then when he puts it back in order to talk better he says "Thanks Undertaker"  

9 hours ago, Brysynner said:

I think Molly was destined to be like Becky Lynch is currently. She's super likable but there's something off that doesn't put her in the top group. Also Molly holds the distinction of being the only female to win a men's title at Wrestlemania (She was the Hardcore champion for like 20 minutes). Mighty Molly might be my favorite female character of all time

She was definitely one of the mechanics of the division.  They trusted to put her out there with people to make them look good despite what some levels of experience were.  But yeah, she was a heck of a performer, kind of wish she had more of a push, but when she got a chance to shine, it was usually great.

I did love her and Spike  as Romeo and Juliet when the Hollys and Dudleys were feuding.  I also loved that when she lost her hair, she had a wig with a chinstrap.

Also side bar, from the Beth Phoenix Art of Wrestling, Beth Phoenix was short on cash to pay for OVW (I'm pretty sure she was paying to go to the school, not a signee) and Molly apparently paid her tuition for her to train.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Back when I worked for UPW, they'd rent the ring from the local lucha group, since they had a full WWE ring. (Eventually, they traded the WCW ring they received after the buy-out to get it rent-free). very few, if any of the UPW guys took part in building the ring and taking it down. It was usually the lucha kids. When Molly came down for a guest shot with Victoria (right before Victoria's ring debut), she actually jumped down there after the show to help take it down. 

• 3 months later...