DVDVR Message Board

Rev Ray

I figured Table for 3 is at least a high profile enough show that it should be in the general network thread.

I watched the new Horsemen and "WWE Family" episodes.  I liked the family ep with Steamboat, Patterson and Hillbilly Jim.  They went through several Andre the Giant stories and about the time Pat took Steamboat and Youngblood to a NYC gay bar.  I think Matt McCarthy from We Watch Wrestling says that Hillbilly dresses like a strip club owner.

Funnily - I still think the New Day one was the best one and that was the 2nd one they showed (after rushing the one with Piper out after his death)

The King's Court and the Brass Ring ones are also must watches and I seem to remember the one with Miz, Truth and Axel being way better than I thought it was going to be.

New Day is probably my favorite so far but I dug the one with Ambrose/Owens/Cesaro just for the Scotty Vortekx driving story.

The Miz one is where I turned the corner on him.  He just seemed like a much more down-to-Earth and less douchey guy than I thought.

The only one that kinda sucks is the Neville one since he decides to ruin it by munching on an apple the whole time just to screw with Bo Dallas.

If anyone has been on the fence, the Divas Legends is actually pretty fun.  Madusa is someone I'd really like for someone to get for a podcast because if you really think about it, her whole career is fascinating between being married to Eddie Gilbert, going through All Japan Women's, her run in WCW in the Dangerous Alliance, her WWF run, the WCW trash can angle and then the fact she DRIVES A FUCKING MONSTER TRUCK NOW.

• Like 1

Loved Regal talking about changing his gear up every 12 months so that the company would have to put out a new toy for fans to buy thus increasing his royalties.

I didn't like the Sting/DDP/Vader ep. Mostly because of Sting. DDP and Vader start telling all these stories and asking Sting 'remember?' and he just nods and gives the most unbelievable 'yep' all the time. I dont think he had any memory of half the stuff they were talking about so he just rolled with it.

RVD used to change his gear every month and wound up getting 8 or 9 action figures a year. Ryback did the same thing and got like two action figures ever.

20 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

I enjoyed it, but it seemed even shorter than most which surprised me considering the guys involved I figured they'd talk a bit more.

You have to assume a lot was, er... unsuitable to air.

Becky/Emma/Natalya can all talk about the pink SuperGirls title for at least 20 minutes, I'm sure.

(Rebecca Knox was the first champion before losing it to Ivory; Ivory lost it in California to Nattie Neidhart*; Tenille Tayla eventually won it a few times, eventually losing it back to Nicole Matthews before she went to dev).

* by which I mean Ivory decided she wanted more money because of some terrible local TV** and refused to come back, eventually being coerced into giving back the title belt.  She dropped a fall somewhere in California on an indy show to Nattie Neidhart, and we called that the title change.  Nattie lost it immediately to Nicole
** by which I mean fuck you, KVOS

The funny thing is I rabbit holed into a story about the wrestler's court that resulted from the gals who lost the Dodge ball game to the divas search contestants like monday.