DVDVR Message Board

E3 2016

RIPPA

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

E3 was reeled in a couple of years ago so that it is more in line with the standards of a traditional trade show, so there isn't much of the casual wackiness you've seen in the past.  I don't think that it is open freely to the public like it used to be.

It's not open to the public.  You gotta prove your credentials before they'll sell you a ticket - for something like $1000.

On 6/15/2016 at 2:04 PM, RIPPA said:

You and Stout really are old men yelling at the clouds

Quiet, you, I'm trying to take a nap.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

Well. I'm hopeful that story heavy sandbox games are returning to the forefront with the announcement of Watch Dogs 2 and there is still Red Dead 2 and the ghost of GTA6 looming on the horizon.

I'm actually curious as to what Volition will do with Saint's Row now that SR4 seems to have just been a tech demo for the game mechanics of Agents of Mayhem.

Will you be buying the Watch Dogs 2: J.T. Special Edition, because you'll be the only person in America buying the game?

The cringe video reminds me of something else that annoyed me about all the press conferences.  Apparently there are exactly two outfits for a tech. bro today:

1) dark blue arrow shirt and jeans (for those over 35)

2) ironic t-shirt with tiny undersized leather or denim jacket over jeans (for those under 35)

BUT A PAIR OF DRESS PANTS MOTHERFUCKERS!!! OR A SWEATER MAYBE!! OR A TIE OR A BLAZER OR A VEST OR SOMETHING TO CHANGE IT UP!!!!!

Sony denied that it pulled a RDR 2 trailer (to go with that rumor we talked about)

In hindsight - it appears that everyone just assumed that when Take Two (the now parent company of Rockstar) said they would have a "big presence" at E3 it meant RDR2 and not just heavily hyping Mafia 3

20 hours ago, jstout said:

Will you be buying the Watch Dogs 2: J.T. Special Edition, because you'll be the only person in America buying the game?

I will buy a SE copy only if it comes with a free working drone.

• Like 1

The fastest way to sell me on a new version of a current gen system is to include a wifi receiver that isn't hot fucking garbage. My phone should not be pulling 191mbs down in the same basic distance that my PS4 clocks 10mbs down. I should not need to hook up ethernet cables to get HD Netflix sans buffering with the internet plan I have.

Otherwise, pumped for the new Spiderman and even more pumped for Telltale Batman. Arkham VR sounds interesting, but not $700 interesting. My wife is obscenely jazzed for Pokemon GO, new Zelda looks...not my thing. I'm not a fan of open world. Expansive world, sure, but not open. One rumour I've heard is that you can just march to Ganon from the jump and if true that is not my bag. Looks pretty though.

The 1v4 survival horror game sounds really cool but I don't like playing shit online so I'll probably pass unless it has computer modes.

• Like 2

My friend has had massive issues with his WiFi on PS4. How are we still having these issues? 

After looking up stuff on psvr and the neo, I'm thinking it's likely I just convert to pc gaming full on and use the ps4 for MLB and NHL.

So it's definitely not just me with the PS4 wifi issues.  The router is literally sitting next to the TV stand with no interference.  I'm puzzled at how it can pull whatever speeds it does when it can and should do so much more.  I know it's first world problems, but there's no reason for a game of any size to take so long downloading.

Yep, he has it in the room next to the router and still has issues. He's now hardwiring it. I've always had it wired because of how unreliable WiFi is for gaming and always has been.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NickMD said:

So it's definitely not just me with the PS4 wifi issues.  The router is literally sitting next to the TV stand with no interference.  I'm puzzled at how it can pull whatever speeds it does when it can and should do so much more.  I know it's first world problems, but there's no reason for a game of any size to take so long downloading.

in fairness, Sony's store servers are FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKED and always have been. Meaning, that might not necessarily be a wifi issue.

True.  I've had my PS3 hardwired into my routerfor years and my laptop downloads files bigger over the WiFi faster. You're only as fast as the slowest hop, and 90% of the time, the slow hop is Sony.

• Like 1

I've been going through the E3 conferences and trying to make a list of games I was getting supper excited about. Here is what I got so far.

We Happy Few- (Fuck Yes!)

Mass Effect Andromeda- (Obviously, no way the game isn't at least fun)

Oxygen Not Included (I will be looking for a crew for that, for the record)

The VR collection of games of note (Giant Cop, The Star Trek deal, Fallout 4, SuperHot) has me hyped up for the potential there.

Injustice 2 (Obviously)

Tyrany (It's an Obsidian game, and Obsidian,while occasionally making not complete games, hasn't made a game I don't like that I can remember)

Observer (Looks like the best horror game of this year assuming that's when it drops. Looks outstanding to me)

Dual Universe (Who knows when this game actually comes out, but looks promising in that "No Mans Sky no way it ends up working this way" way)

Dishonored 2 (Probably the one I'm most looking forward to as of this second)

Star Wars (Also duh)

For Honor (I really hope this ends up as fun as I think it will)

Psychonauts 2 (Talk about a sequal I never expected we would get)