DVDVR Message Board

E3 2016

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Gonzo said:

Did he do "Informer?" Because that would have been sweet.

My college roommate always sang that song as "I'm a farmer".  Much funnier that way.

9 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Jesus, Playstation VR is going to sell for $550 Canadian?

dQXreb7.gif

Oh, come the fuck on!  Seriously?  That's the one VR headset I'd likely get, but at $400?  Hell, no!  If they announce that price tonight they're going to get a reaction similar to the price announcement of PS3.

Edited by NickMD
Edited because that's still a crap ton of money.

I'm hoping this goes down the same route A-Creed did, were the first game was more concept then a complete game, and the second one really took the major steps forward.

That said, the main problem with the game the first go around, was that the main character was such a douche bag. Like, you don't have to be a "good guy", but when you are supposed to be fighting corruption, and your character kills hundreds of people, you aren't the good guy.

39 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

If youre not watching live, only about 15% of the posts in this thread make sense.

I think all i know is JT and I were right in not buying an xbone yet.

Yeah - JT is going to have to get one before 2 Cold Scorpio comes out though

23 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - JT is going to have to get one before 2 Cold Scorpio comes out though

Project Scorpio is so sexy and that is my Zodiac sign, so I may have to fight to budget for the slim joint.

Microsoft had me on board with the Xbox One S until they pulled out "Project Scorpio" and then said that all three would work together.

I went from "hey, I'm going to get the Xbox One S to play Gears 4, Halo 5, Sunset Overdrive, Dead Rising 3, Recore, etc." to saying "Fuck Microsoft" in 90 minutes.

That's impressive.

The problem is Microsoft HAS to make games with "Project Scorpio" as the lead console. Otherwise, what's the point?

They say it's 'beyond generations' but if in 2017 you have a Xbox One game that looks incredible on "Project Scorpio" and looks OK to great on Xbox One/Xbox One S, you know what you are going to do.

I fully expect Sony to do something similar with their PS4K, but at least they have games I want to play now.

I caught the last 20 minutes of Ubisoft's E3, but Steep has me excited. SSX + open world = YES. Now EA needs to give us a SSX and Skate 4.

2 hours ago, Andrew POE! said:

.The problem is Microsoft HAS to make games with "Project Scorpio" as the lead console. Otherwise, what's the point?

They say it's 'beyond generations' but if in 2017 you have a Xbox One game that looks incredible on "Project Scorpio" and looks OK to great on Xbox One/Xbox One S, you know what you are going to do.

I fully expect Sony to do something similar with their PS4K, but at least they have games I want to play now.

The point is that it makes logical sense to program for an optimized system. 

It is easier to degrade code for a baseline console or scale down hardware to run baseline software than it is to improve baseline code to run on optimized hardware or improve baseline hardware to run optimized code.. 

Trying to build performance enhancing modules on baseline code is how 99% of all bugs get introduced into any piece of software. 

Anyone dealing with iTunes is intimate with this.

I personally think the issue isn't so much with performance as it is with storage.   With games getting prettier and online play being stressed, load times will suck if you have to do it directly with removable media.  Better to run shit locally on a HDD with a wide open network bus.

The bottom line math is simple.   You buy the rig you can afford and be happy with the lack of eye candy.   Some of us have mortgages and significant others and shit and will be just fine gaming on the Slim so long as we can still play co-op with our friends.

As for expecting Sony to do this and knowing the Japanese mindset, they would not have announced the Neo if they hadn't already planed to code games for optimization with the upgraded system.  It was already in the works.

1 hour ago, misanthrope304 said:

I have no idea what is going on with the last page of this thread now

Poe:  Who will buy the cheaper XBone Slim when Project Scorpio is coming and games will be made to play on an optimized system?

JT:    I will buy a Slim and be happy with the graphics because my mortgage is no fucking joke.

• Like 1