DVDVR Message Board

Camp WWE

MonteCarl

I'm kind of amused by them parodying the 80s standby of taking established properties and just making them children, but this really should have just been a cartoon about Vince's character at WWE headquarters. Of course, that would have been too close to home.

Maybe they should have made it like that action figure line from the Attitude Era where Vince was Charlie and the wrestlers were his Angels taking on espionage and crime fighting missions. 

34 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

Vince is probably the target audience.

That's the vibe I got from the first episode. I mean we all know the guy has a bad, bad sense of humor, but he was the only one that seemed to care about the show. Everything else from the animation, to the writing, to the non-wrestler voices was just so bush league and amateurish that it's hard to imagine why a company that's so image-conscious would want to be associated with it.

• Like 1

I honestly believe Vince blocks out useless voices by playing explosions.  That bit with him, Steph and HHH seemed a bit too realistic.  Only difference is instead of Steph and HHH Vince would do that to low/midcard wrestlers and writers.

I think the show is geared towards the Adult Swim crowd since its made by the same people from the network. Change the name and this could easily be a show on there. Personally I thought the first episode was pretty funny. Ass kisser Triple H, Will fuck anything Ric Flair, Sgt. Slaughter...they were all great.

The only thing I don't get is why is The Undertaker a camper. He's older than everyone else. Him and Austin should at least be the rowdy teens from the next door camp that come in to cause trouble.

This show better lead to a WWE Films version of Meatballs.

Although, it'd be hard to do the ending scene, since Vince never sleeps. It goes without saying, Ambrose needs to be Tripper. 

Admit it, you know you want it too. 

• Like 1

I keep coming back to better concepts for a similar show, and I think if it had to involve kids it should have been a WWE version of Bebe's Kids.

Every episode Vince tries to sleep with a single mother and ends up watching her unruly future WWE superstar children (voiced by the actual wrestlers.) 

Vince saying "The leg thing?  Oh... that was a work!" got a very peculiar laugh out of me.  It was one of those gasp-laughs you do when you're reacting in shock to something you genuinely never expected to hear, but it was also mixed with a falsetto shrieking of the word "what?!" and followed by that sort of wheezing you do when you're laughing so hard that your breath fails and the laugh turns silent.  

Immediately after watching the whole thing, I'm still not sure I didn't overdose on cough syrup while in the midst of a fever dream and just hallucinate the whole thing.  Holy shit, this was WEIRD.  It's literally a cross between Brickleberry and Rock & Wrestling, which is just the weirdest goddamn mix one could possibly imagine.  Crazy Vince was hilarious, it was basically the Lapsed Fan caricature of him except actually played by the real guy, but the rest of the show was hit-or-miss at best.  Most of the Lil' Superstars toddler versions of the wrestlers were pretty bad.  

A lot of the jokes go on too long but Vince summoning the giraffe and Big Show's reaction to his own joke made me laugh out loud.

• 2 weeks later...