DVDVR Message Board

Best of Saturday Night/Worldwide/Pro

kafkonia

I've been trying to find a Devon Storm (while he was still working a surfer-esque gimmick with a blonde mullet) vs Sabu (in one of his first WCW matches) from Worldwide that featured a lot of crazy for the time highspots but am coming up short.  I have no idea if the match held up at all but I remember thinking it was great back when I was 14 or so.

Devon Storm was another guy that popped up quite a bit on the Jimmy Hart era WCWSN.  He worked quite a bit under that name, until he was repackaged as Crowbar. 

I wish I could find it online, but probably my favorite syndicated match I've watched so far is Big Train Bart vs. Chris Benoit from the 12/10/95 Worldwide. Bart is always really good and usually Benoit just kind of bullies and overpowers jobbers, but Bart stiffs him to start the match and works him over with headbutts. He also bumps huge for Benoit and puts over his strikes big. Bart trained Necro, and this match is worked in a way that's easy to imagine Necro vs. Benoit. 

Sadly the Harlem Heat stinkfest main event from this episode seems to be all over the web. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really loved the period where Jeremy Lopez was the plug-in Villano or Fabuloso, and I think this match is just about the most awesome you can it into 5 minutes. 

What a mess of a match.  No one really wanted to cooperate, it was actually filmed at double speed.  Blah. 

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xghee3_disco-inferno-vs-disciple_sporthhhhhHere is Brutus Beefcake taking on Disco Inferno in late 99. Brutus comes out in his old WWF gear. He looks good here and works hard. He loses clean to the Disco Stunner, which shows where he was at in the pecking order. 

Wow. I have no recollection of him ever wearing his Brutus getup in WCW. Love Hudson rattling off his many gimmicks before the match.

Weird little cool match with a guy who's done mostly tags his whole life vs. a dying days AWA jobber. Perri (Tony Denucci) bumps crazy including one of the best ringpost bumps I've ever seen, and Tommy Rogers throws a stiff knee lift and boots Denucci in the head.