DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

The pregnancy pic is ten different types of insane. But this was a legit LOL:

@HASSY_Nishikawa

@markhunt1974 When you come back to Japan and I can meet you,...I would like to walk along the beach together....

mark richard hunt @markhunt1974

@Tak_Nishikawa thissss guyyy bro I am married

I think one of the reasons that GSP didn't want to take the fight previously is it would mean probably vacating his title and having to go after the MW title which ultimately meant if he fought Silva it would have to be at MW and he would have to stay at that weight afterwards.  But now that neither of them has to worry about their title belts that's two of the biggest obstructions to this fight taking place out of the way.

The fight could've taken place at a 175 or 180 lb. catch weight.

The point is when they were both champions to do a non title catchweight fight you would've basically put 2 divisions on hold, now that no titles are involved you lose that major stumbling block.

It was one but don't forget Anderson did not want to do it either.  When the "superfight" was brought up Anderson routinely talked about his preference of Jon Jones in a superfight to GSP.  I think at the time he didn't see GSP as much of a challenge as his routine competition at MW and probably thought a Jones fight was actually more of a big deal.  But now that he's lost two in a row and would be coming off of a major injury I'm sure his tune would probably change on that. 

i always got the impression that GSP was the one not willing to make it happen. He kept saying stuff like he 'had business in his own division' and he'd 'have to move up in weight permanently'. 

Apparently he thought Dan Hardy REALLY earned and deserved that title shot. And he also has clearly never heard of "moneyweight" because he missed the boat on it.

Anderson seemed like he would take the fight if he had to, but was never too keen on it.

If Anderson could have made 170 the fight would have happened, GSP never ducked anyone at welterweight. There just wasn't enough incentive for GSP to risk the loss to a larger opponent while he was champion.

And as for "money weight", if the UFC had offered Silva and GSP "big boxing fight" type money (let's say 15-20 million each) I'm sure the fight probably could have happened at a catchweight of 177 or something. But I doubt they ever offered that much... 

i always got the impression that GSP was the one not willing to make it happen. He kept saying stuff like he 'had business in his own division' and he'd 'have to move up in weight permanently'. 

Apparently he thought Dan Hardy REALLY earned and deserved that title shot. And he also has clearly never heard of "moneyweight" because he missed the boat on it.

Anderson seemed like he would take the fight if he had to, but was never too keen on it.

I think GSP probably knew his chances at victory were slim especially by just going up in weight for the one fight.  His main point was that if he were going to have a chance against Silva and move up in weight he wanted to do it the right way and properly add mass to his body and give his body time to adjust to that and thus making that decision would also be a decision to move up in weight permanently and vacate WW.  The point though is more that it probably wouldn't have mattered.  He could have taken those steps and I don't think it would really increase his chances against Silva but so much and he'd likely lose anyway.  In hindsight he should have just cashed in and fought at the catchweight and "retired" after that fight. 

So, either this is a prelude to Rhonda Rousey putting an armbar on this chauvinist, breaking his arm, and everyone laughs (which I'd prefer), or there's a UFC fighter whose about to get berated by Dana White..

http://extramustard.si.com/2014/01/09/matt-brown-women-should-fight-topless/?eref=sihp

Like Rousey could do that to Matt Brown.

• Like 1

I just think this, if I’m [going] to pay $60 for a pay-per-view to watch women fight they should at least be topless.

just think of the technical aspects. it's time for the first ever MMA Boob-lock.

Submission (Titty Twister), R1

Matt Brown said Mike Pyle could be welterweight champion and that Pyle was better than GSP and that Pyle could beat GSP so imagine how serious his opinion is to be taken by.

Looks like Matt Brown's podcasting days are over.

"Matt Brown has apologized for the comments made on his podcast, and we have addressed the matter with him. His comments don't reflect the views of the UFC. There's no place for discrimination within our organization at any level. The UFC is built on principles of respect, and any statements to the contrary are not acceptable."

When asked about Matt Brown's recent comments on WMMA, Ronda Rousey's reply was "Who's Matt Brown?"

Also Bellator's already promotimg Alvarez vs. Chandler III.