DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

So did anyone else sign up for Fight Pass? It looks alright I guess, will be interesting to see how quickly the PPVs and Live Shows get put up. We are getting the Saffiedine show live on TV here in Aus so not sure if ill bother watching it on Fight Pass.

I got it for the free 2 month trial, but am canceling Feb 28th. 

So Cris Cyborg challenged Ronda Rousey again.  Honestly, at this point, I think Cyborg should fight Vitor Belfort.  They'd have about the same testosterone ratio.

She already beat up one of my girlfriends. I never want to see Cyborg fight again.

She is a strange person.  Definitely has never had a problem with fighting smaller girls than her which I think is kind of lame.  She missed weight by almost ten pounds when she was fighting against someone essentially coming up two weight classes to fight her, and she's tested positive for steroids as well.  Her calling out Ronda is just par for the course for her. 

It's not so much that she calls her out, but she calls her out after she quits her UFC deal, refused to cut weight to fight her, and also refused the services of Mike Dolce who said he can help her safely make the weight for the fight, all of which the UFC was willing to pay for her.  

I'm not saying she's scared of Rousey, but she seems to be making every possible career move to avoid that fight.  

She is a strange person.  Definitely has never had a problem with fighting smaller girls than her which I think is kind of lame.  She missed weight by almost ten pounds when she was fighting against someone essentially coming up two weight classes to fight her, and she's tested positive for steroids as well.  Her calling out Ronda is just par for the course for her. 

and Ronda isn't fighting smaller girls? Cyborg doesn't need to move down. She's never ever in her life fought at 135lb. UFC trying to force her to , is stupid. Ronda originally called her out in Strikeforce, and said she'd move back to 145lb to fight in her in a superfight. Oh, how have times changed. 

Lol Zero, why do you love Cyborg so much? Outside of being gigantic and strong she's not a very good fighter.

For a women's fighter, I think she get's shit on way too much. Plus, people saying she is ducking Ronda SMH. She has the perfect style to beat Ronda. Good JJ, and enough power to finish her. These other girls are never gonna be able to hurt her on the feet, cause most of em can't hurt anybody on the feet! Cat has a chance I suppose, but people forget Tate was kinda tooling her the first 2 rounds. 

Lol Zero, why do you love Cyborg so much? Outside of being gigantic and strong she's not a very good fighter.

For a women's fighter, I think she get's shit on way too much. Plus, people saying she is ducking Ronda SMH. She has the perfect style to beat Ronda. Good JJ, and enough power to finish her. These other girls are never gonna be able to hurt her on the feet, cause most of em can't hurt anybody on the feet! Cat has a chance I suppose, but people forget Tate was kinda tooling her the first 2 rounds.

You are mental. Good JJ? Come on man. She wins these fights because she is bigger and stronger than her opponents, that is it. Her entire record consists of fighting girls who normally fight in lower weight classes.

You are mental. Good JJ? Come on man. She wins these fights because she is bigger and stronger than her opponents, that is it. Her entire record consists of fighting girls who normally fight in lower weight classes.

Ronda?

• Like 1

I was going to do something this afternoon, but I think I have the flu. If not, something that makes me feel really shitty. Anyway, maybe I will get on it tonight.

As far Cris goes, she's a decent grappler. But female MMA isn't exactly littered with top notch black belts. We had people Ana Michelle Tavares and to a lesser extent Megumi Fuji. Does she lose to someone like Erica Paes again? Not a chance because Erica Paes has zero striking. Ronda Rousey is a much different story because she doesn't play defense.

Tons of fighters have a purple belt in BJJ. Some fighters have a black belt and it doesn't mean shit. Look at Wandy, for instance.

No, I'm saying she won a medal at ADCC as a Purple belt. That is very impressive.