DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

jim genia @jim_genia 18m

We're so close. Sheldon Silver's replacement will be Carl Heastie, an MMA supporter. It will be official tomorrow.

jim genia @jim_genia 8m

.@GrandstandFan Yes. The bill was introduced 2 weeks ago, has 53 Assemblymen names attached to it, & there's no Sheldon Silver to block it.

jim genia ‏@jim_genia 18m

We're so close. Sheldon Silver's replacement will be Carl Heastie, an MMA supporter. It will be official tomorrow.

jim genia ‏@jim_genia 8m

.@GrandstandFan Yes. The bill was introduced 2 weeks ago, has 53 Assemblymen names attached to it, & there's no Sheldon Silver to block it.

Will believe it when I see it.

I guess no blowback for Iaquinta trashing his hotel room.

Well, they can only fine him based on the damage done and if the hotel alerts them of what happened. I don't think they're patrolling someone's Instagram like that. Plus, Iaquinta probably had to come out of pocket for repairs when he sobered up. If he did, they probably won't worry about it. I'm gonna safely assume this isn't the worst thing that has happened in a fighter hotel.

• Like 2

Assuncao is now officially out of the Faber fight per his manager. Ankle didn't heal fast enough.

In other news, Jacare's manager Gilbert Faria says he is back in the gym and ready to return in April.

Well, they can only fine him based on the damage done and if the hotel alerts them of what happened. I don't think they're patrolling someone's Instagram like that. Plus, Iaquinta probably had to come out of pocket for repairs when he sobered up. If he did, they probably won't worry about it. I'm gonna safely assume this isn't the worst thing that has happened in a fighter hotel.

You assume correctly because on the very same night, one of the TUF Brazil guys staying at Palace Station thought it would be a good idea to hang some clothes from one of the sprinkler heads in the room. Turned out not to be a very good idea.

Bloody Elbow has a short article regarding Joe Rogan's comments about Dana White wanting there to be a point deduction for eye pokes, which I totally agree with. Obviously, Jon Jones gets mentioned in the article and in the comments. Someone in the comments seriously asks if Jones has ever eye poked someone in a fight.

You assume correctly because on the very same night, one of the TUF Brazil guys staying at Palace Station thought it would be a good idea to hang some clothes from one of the sprinkler heads in the room. Turned out not to be a very good idea.

Yeah. That's.....rather unfortunate.

After Globo reported that Faber turned down Thomas Almeida, Faber's manager Mike Roberts said that report is incorrect but they do have an opponent for Faber.

So I'm wondering if they were able to change Faber's mind on moving up to fight Edgar.

He was one of the "you'll never catch me doing this" guys. He also added that his body isn't broken down. The problem with that is just because you say that with conviction doesn't mean it's true. If he was doing whatever for recovery, that makes him even bigger hypocrite.

“It is a joke,” Fitch told Fight Hub TV in 2013. “This is devised to let guys who have used steroids in their past re-boost their testosterone since they abused their bodies when they were younger. The guys using it, the ones who use the excuse of, ‘I am too old to compete with young guys” – that’s bulls***! I am 35 years old, and I promise, I would and will bet money that my testosterone levels are just as good as a younger fighter. You know why? Because I have not wrecked my body with steroids, never used ANY type of PED and train healthy and properly to compete.”

I've wanted to say this for a long time, but I feel like I'm finally justified.  Fuck off Jon Fitch.

• Like 1