DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

Just glad that this time they're going to Ireland there'll be actual Irish fighters on the card.  In the past you had Northern Irelander Colin Robinson but honestly if he wasn't born on the island he would've never been given a shot to fight in the UFC.

Guest Edwin

Hey, the market for Japanese fetish videos is always stable. She can go back to that when this ultimately doesn't work out. 

Yeah, I remember reading a story of someone (Tara LaRosa) telling her she should go stateside to train and fight for Invicta and she getting all teared up because she wanted too, but couldn't due to some contract clause or something that held her back. I know her boyfriend who manages her is highly involved with Pancrase and that was holding her back from going stateside to train or fight. I believe Sakai is highly involved in giving her the heads up on signing with the UFC though. I know he said he wanted to change from the ring to the cage because he knew the UFC was headhunting for JMMA fighters and he wanted them to adapt to the cage before signing and that he wanted to give them the opportunity to compete on a bigger (biggest) platform there is in the sport. I'm certain there's guys in Pancrase like ISAO and Shinsho Anzai (If he can beat Ryo Kawamura) who are on the UFC's radar.

Guest Edwin

Eddie Yagin who apparently was cut by the UFC at some point despite having beaten Mark Hominick in his last UFC fight lost to Diego Saraiva at Tachi Palace Fights 19 tonight.

Have a strange feeling that someone in Rousey vs. Davis is going to get "injured" soon.  UFC 177 on August 30 has no main event and not a single champ is available.  Plus, THE EXPENDABLES 3 opens that month.  We'll see. ;-)

Eddie Yagin who apparently was cut by the UFC at some point despite having beaten Mark Hominick in his last UFC fight lost to Diego Saraiva at Tachi Palace Fights 19 tonight.

I remember reading Yagin had suffered a serious brain injury. I guess the injury wasn't that serious, or Yagin is an idiot.

They are very touchy about letting guys with various diagnosed brain conditions fight. Remember Brian Foster never fought in the UFC again even though his last fight was a win. It took Alves a long time to come back as well.

UFC doctor Marcio Tanure has cleared Anderson Silva to begin sparring.

They have two UFCs in Brazil left this year. It would be stupid to do Dillashaw vs. Barao II or Assuncao II anywhere else because it won't sell anywhere else. Ideally, it would be on television. So headlining the show in Brasilia with the BW title match and headlining the Rio show with JDS/Barnett and something else (Vitor vs. somebody) would be the best option. Otherwise, you're forced to do the HW fight to headline Brasilia and do the BW title fight as the Rio PPV main event. If you can, do Barao vs. Cruz in Brasilia and allow JDS to get healthy so you can do Dillashaw/Assuncao, Vitor/TBA, JDS/Barnett, Erick Silva's return fight, Warlley Alves vs. TBA as your main card. Have Cara do Sapato headline the prelim card. That's a perfectly feasible card compared to what they've been doing.

They need that fight to stay on UFC 175.

But they oddly haven't been promoting it.  If that move doesn't happen, what the hell could headline 177?  Anything involving Dillashaw or Demitrious is way too soon.

Man, if you got your ass kicked that bad, I don't know if you should get an immediate rematch, regardless of Barao's streak.

I like Barao but yeah. Besides isn't it time for Faber to kick Dillashaw out and get his title shot? It's been like six months....

Faber is fighting Bruce Leeroy at UFC 175.

Guest Edwin

Not that any of this actually matters.

I saw you guys had added DEEP 67 IMPACT to your picks contest and I thought I'd let you guys know that the Nagakura/Lee was cancelled a couple of days ago due to a Lee injury. I put the full card up a couple of days ago on Tapology for those of you interested.

The card will also feature WEC vet Kenji Osawa's retirement exhibition fight and ceremony.

I can't post a link since I'm posting from my iPad.