DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

Good for GSP. If he comes back the fight with whomever is champion will do major business. If he doesn't, good for him. What more do you have to prove?

I'm glad Dana is getting boned on this one. I imagine GSP is going to be classier in his comments than Dana has been.

• Like 1

Good for GSP. If he comes back the fight with whomever is champion will do major business. If he doesn't, good for him. What more do you have to prove?

I'm glad Dana is getting boned on this one. I imagine GSP is going to be classier in his comments than Dana has been.

Agreed on all counts.

Good for GSP. More guys should learn to retire on top instead of turning into jokes like Roy Jones Jr. or Evander Holyfield.

Are you really retiring on top when you last "win" was a fight you didn't win?

Sure... he's still the champ and it says win on the official record. It's like if Roy Jones had retired after the first Tarver fight when he looked like shit. Instead he came back and got KO'd in the rematch. I would rather not have the last GSP fight be him getting brutally KO'd. Let him go out on top, as the champ.

Hendricks vs Condit II or Hendricks vs Lawler for the belt sounds good to me.

Lewis went out on the Vitali fight, and I don't think that hurt him. I think once Lewis got to Tyson, he already had his exit strategy set up. With GSP, he wanted to get out of the sport as early as a few years ago but he felt obligated to continue. I think more than likely if he did decide to take the Silva fight in 2011, that would have been the last fight win, lose, or draw. However, as time went on, the fight coming to fruition was less likely. All this plus the significant injuries pretty much took all his passion away.

Lewis went out on the Vitali fight, and I don't think that hurt him. I think once Lewis got to Tyson, he already had his exit strategy set up. With GSP, he wanted to get out of the sport as early as a few years ago but he felt obligated to continue. I think more than likely if he did decide to take the Silva fight in 2011, that would have been the last fight win, lose, or draw. However, as time went on, the fight coming to fruition was less likely. All this plus the significant injuries pretty much took all his passion away.

That makes it even more amazing that he was able to continue to beat every new "top contender" that came up even without having a real desire for fighting.   

We live in a world where Robbie Lawler could be UFC Champion & Mark Hunt is a top HW. In 2013.  edit.  Oh Yeah, And Vitor Belfort is murdering guys on TRT with headkicks in Brazil. Didn't see that coming.