DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

Not after getting deprived of his senses by non-ranked Vitor Belfort.

That was Vitor's MW debut wasn't it? And from what I remember he was ranked after that fight.

Terry Martin was his first MW fight, and people had him ranked as high as 13-15 AFTER the Lindland win. Remember, Leites, Santiago, Chael, and Maia were in the 7-10 range. Then, Maia beat Chael a few weeks after Lindland got destroyed.

UFC needs for Jones to be ready to go by March.  But I guess that Ronda would be ready to return by March herself after she dispatches of Tate again.

Not sure what they're going to use to headline UFC 170, probably some combination of Rashad/DC, Gilbert/Khabib and other high profile contender fights but it won't have a title fight available for the card. 

For the March card at best Weidman would be available,  Weidman is still fighting at end of December, they'll have a main event for UFC 170 already established by then.  Him being ready to return to fight 60 days after a big title defense against Silva is a big assumption.

I like one a week. It's still fighting and 40 or so will be free.

I'd rather have quality over quantity. I could watch thousands of crappy MMA fights on YouTube.

Honest, non trolling question: do you feel that name fighters have better fights than lower guys? I feel like its an absolute toss up.

In terms of how good a fight is, it doesn't necessarily matter. But I'd rather watch a fight that had some divisional ramifications.

I'd rather have quality over quantity. I could watch thousands of crappy MMA fights on YouTube.

Honest, non trolling question: do you feel that name fighters have better fights than lower guys? I feel like its an absolute toss up.

Names? no. Skills? yes. I'd rather see 2 very skilled fighters have a semi-boring fight, then maybe a slug fest between 2 guys who have no clue how to strike. 

I agree with you that it's an absolute toss up. We've had stinkers between name fighters and better fights between those who don't have the name value. The opposite can also happen.