DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

People hate on Ronda for being herself which is at times a little nuts but at least you know what you get with her.  She's not a stab you in the back type of person. The Tate/Carraway crew come off as people trying to portray themselves a certain way for the camera which is always lame to me. 

• Like 1

To be fair, none of the Olympians in MMA have been that outwardly sane besides McMann. You really have to be a little insane to make it that far in those sports. I mean she is basically our version of Lolo Jones except she actually wins stuff.

Cormier doesn't seem sane?

I mean aside from thinking he should be number one contender at 205...

I was going to say him too, but he had some extramarital problems that I don't care too much to speculate about since I don't know all the details. But that's more of a vice. Let's just say Cormier is a bold dude.

Lol. Gotcha. I'll take you word for it.

Now that I think about it though, one could probably question his sanity for attempting to cut so much weight that his kidneys shut down...

To be fair, that's just typical wrestler bullshit.

Is it just me or is UFC on FOX 9 like basically the greatest WEC card ever?  It's basically a card full of all former WEC fighters or just guys who are in the lower weights even if they didn't fight in the WEC themselves.  I'm not insulting the card in fact, it's actually a compliment since WEC cards were always the most exciting and fast paced of all the cards.

Is it just me or is UFC on FOX 9 like basically the greatest WEC card ever?  It's basically a card full of all former WEC fighters or just guys who are in the lower weights even if they didn't fight in the WEC themselves.  I'm not insulting the card in fact, it's actually a compliment since WEC cards were always the most exciting and fast paced of all the cards.

I miss WEC, my second favourite MMA company of all time.

• Like 2

Dana when he said that Jones/Teixeira were fighting around same time that Gus was also fighting he never said it would be at UFC 169 then word was coming out that the Sweden event was going to be in March I'm not shocking by this.  But what is going to be used to headline the SB weekend card now instead?  I don't think that the HW title would be avaible that quickly.  MW title and LW titles are being defended in December.  Doubt that GSP would fight in November and then again in early February.  Mir/Overeem should only be the 3rd biggest fight on the card, co-main event at best.

Kudos to whoever tried to tell me that Bellator's ticket sales would suck ass for the 11/2 show.

According to John Morgan at MMAJunkie, they have only sold 1,700 tickets with 2,000 tickets on consignment. Long Beach Arena seats a maximum of 13,600.