DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

Honestly all I can think is "at least another title won't be on hold for TUF." Don't really care who the coaches are, TUF has been stale for years now. I'd rather not have anyone relevant on hold for 9 months due to the stupid show.

I enjoy TUF but fully agree on the point of view being glad a title won't be on hold.  I can't stand when they hold up the division with champions coaching TUF.  I know they want stars on that show to attempt to bring in ratings but those coaching spots should be reserved mainly for top contenders looking to get a title shot or grudge match type fights.  Yeah I've seen Edgar/Penn before but I'm not going to cry about them fighting again at a different weight.  At least it's a decent matchup.  Edgar will win but at least there's the illusion of a fairly equal matchup unlike BJ fighting someone like Rory or Nick Diaz.  If BJ wants to keep fighting I think this is the best route. 

Bunch of new fights

Fight for the Troops card: 

-Derek Brunson vs. Antonio Neto

-Yves Edwards vs. Yancy Medeiros

The Belfort/Henderson card:-Godfredo Pepey vs. Sam Sicilia

-Paulo Thiago vs. Brandon Thatch

And the Aussie card:-Clint Hester vs. Dylan Andrews

-Soa Paleilei vs. Pat Barry

• Like 1

TJ Grant won't be cleared to fight in time for his proposed December title shot against Pettis.  So does UFC try to find a completely different main event or just simply try to find a different opponent for Pettis now?  The only avaliable fighter coming off a big win I can think of that doesnt already have a fight scheduled is Josh Thomson, but that's only a 1 win streak.