DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

Durinho said that Vitor turned down an interim title fight with Machida since he doesn't have enough time to train for a southpaw. Of the list of opponents Durinho mentioned, I can see him fighting Romero.

So apparently the main event of the Fight Night show in two weeks (just announced tonight apparently) will be Henderson vs Thatch.   I guess that eliminates that Benson vs Masvidal match in Fairfax on April unless Benson is having Donald Cerrone like money issues

lol, watching his fight with Andre Santos that Islaev lost, the promotion Fight Night is great. Walls adorned with giant banners of Putin and other political figures and they use a small Russian gong-like instrument for their horn/bell.

Islaev looks to have excellent muay thai and kick boxing offense. His defence is a little suspect and his last three losses have come via submission. Santos put him to sleep with an anaconda choke.

I read Bloody Elbow's scouting reports for the top 10 light heavyweight, welterweight, and featherweight fighters not in the UFC and there are so many Russian prospects that could make serious waves in the UFC and soon. Also, Kamarudeen Usman sounds like a must-see fighter. The description of his strength and wrestling ability is intriguing to say the least.

Example of his good Muay Thai offense:

Fight starts at 7:20 and don't blink.

The UFC may have to find a replacement for Raphael Assuncao on the 3/21 show. His manager wants another X-ray on Thursday before they make a decision. Not sure what the injury is, though.

EDIT: By "they", I am including matchmaker Sean Shelby.

MMAjunkie @MMAjunkie 16m

Gray Maynard vs. Alexander Yakovlev added to UFC Fight Night 63 in Virginia http://dlvr.it/8MLzq5  via @MMAjunkie

Faber is in a tough spot because he said he doesn't want to just move up (in reference to the Edgar fight they were planning to make) in weight. The problem here is Johnny Eduardo is hurt. Also, Lineker's manager said it's too soon for him to return and also has a foot injury. So the Brazilian options are slim (maybe a 2nd fight with Alcantara and pull him out of the Saenz bout).

jim genia @jim_genia 18m

We're so close. Sheldon Silver's replacement will be Carl Heastie, an MMA supporter. It will be official tomorrow.

jim genia @jim_genia 8m

.@GrandstandFan Yes. The bill was introduced 2 weeks ago, has 53 Assemblymen names attached to it, & there's no Sheldon Silver to block it.