DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

Ashlee Evans-Smith failed her drug test.

Jesus, we're only a week into 2015 and the UFC is getting brutalized.

What the fuck are you talking about? Christ. Can everyone calm down for a sec? If you don't, you're going to have a coronary heart attack by late February.

Okay, Aaron Rodgers.  I don't know about you but having 4 injuries, 2 failed drug tests (including one involving their current biggest male star), and 1 lackluster PPV in 7 days is pretty brutal.

Edit: 5 injuries as I just read Glover is out.

The PPV is tracking well above expectations (>750,000). Ashlee Evans-Smith is 0-1 in the UFC and a nobody ATM. Pernell Whitaker got caught using CRACK COCAINE during his P4P run and boxing more than survived. You can settle down.

• Like 1

The PPV is tracking well above expectations (>750,000).

I'm calling it lackluster due to the actual fights (save the main event for a couple of rounds), not the number of people who saw it.

Anyway, NSAC says it was simple an administrative error that they didn't inform Jones of the drug test failure before the fight.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/1/7/7508009/nevada-athletic-commission-calls-jon-jones-drug-test-failure-an

I'm calling it lackluster due to the actual fights (save the main event for a couple of rounds), not the number of people who saw it.

Dude, they have 45 trillion PPVs later this year. It did a ton of business for them. I don't think they give a shit. UFC 94 was awful for the most part but it did a ton of business for them and the main event was disappointing. They couldn't give less of a shit about that.

Anyway, NSAC says it was simple an administrative error that they didn't inform Jones of the drug test failure before the fight.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/1/7/7508009/nevada-athletic-commission-calls-jon-jones-drug-test-failure-an

It's kind of awkwardly written, but I think the "administrative oversight" was that he was tested for substances of abuse at all. And if Jones was not informed he was being tested for drugs of abuse, UFC would likely be on very, very shaky legal ground punishing him for testing positive for them.

Dude, they have 45 trillion PPVs later this year. It did a ton of business for them. I don't think they give a shit. UFC 94 was awful for the most part but it did a ton of business for them and the main event was disappointing. They couldn't give less of a shit about that.

UFC 94 Every fight except 2 went to boring decisions (Jon Jones did have his coming out party on the PPV) and Karo's fight literally put me to sleep.

The highlight on that show for me was the disdain Ouali Mohamed and Conan Silveira had after Lyoto knocked Thiago Silva out. Everytime I see the HL or GIF of the actual KO, I look for them outside the cage. Just the best.

I got to find a better one, but this will suffice for now.

tumblr_m79qs1u72o1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

But that's obviously Conan in the black Tapout shirt and Ouali is in the white on the right of Conan in the frames where Machida tosses him.