DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

All I can say is "Beat that Chael Sonnen"   :o

Given that Jon Jones is the #1 MMA guy right now I doubt that the UFC is going to do anything about it.  Hell they are bringing back people who beat the shit out of women with a quarter of the ability

Love listening to all these "MMA reporters" who now love to tell people that they always knew he was a cokehead.   Well good to know that your credibly means so little that you would hide this story in order to stay in Dana White's best friends list

Josh Gross apparently knew.

Doesn't seem like he's the only one. Seen many media say it was a pretty known rumor for years. 

My initial reaction to it, knowing he was about to challenge and likely win the belt, was the UFC can't have a drug addict champion. Yeah, I totally forgot about Liddell and others at that time.

The reason I felt that way is being familiar with boxing tells me innately these stories don't end up well. I mean Aaron Pryor is alright today, but Jon's story reminds me so much of "The Hawk". Young and good and thinking he is invincible. Jon just hasn't reached that insane paranoia stage AFAIK. However, Pryor's run was in a different era where it's accepted everyone was on something (at least w/ recreational drug usage) using hindsight. So no one really brings that up with Pryor. This is the steroid/PED era where anything basically tarnishes your legacy.

Roy ain't exactly infallible himself. He looked like shit against Miocic. His last win vs. a non-cadaver was against Kongo on the Jones vs. Sonnen card. He is 1-3 in his last 4. It's an even ground fight more or less.

All I can say is "Beat that Chael Sonnen"   :o

Given that Jon Jones is the #1 MMA guy right now I doubt that the UFC is going to do anything about it.  Hell they are bringing back people who beat the shit out of women with a quarter of the ability

Love listening to all these "MMA reporters" who now love to tell people that they always knew he was a cokehead.   Well good to know that your credibly means so little that you would hide this story in order to stay in Dana White's best friends list

Welcome to the media, in general. 

They "know" a lot of things but they don't really have any proof. You just can't go around writing that someone is a cokehead.

Also, it isn't betraying the trust of Dana. Dana knows he can't babysit these dudes from Las Vegas. That's not his job.

It's about their relationship with the gyms. Greg Savage knows everything about ATT, Jackson's, and other major camps because that's like half his job (traveling to do interviews and having Dave Mandel or whomever take pictures). I am pretty sure he knows stuff that can pretty much ruin some of these places. However, if he does start dry snitching, he (and location specific people like Critchfield) can pretty much forget about ever going back there. At least half of Sherdog's content is based on being able to get into contact with people. They can make do with losing their UFC credentials because they are other means to get shit done. If you lose the ability to talk to trainers, fighters, management, you might as well fire everyone and just be a content aggregation site.

Lots of shady stuff happens in every sport.  The difference with MMA is no reporter has the balls to start digging AFTER a big story breaks.  When the Ray Rice incident and resulting NFL bungling of it happened, reporters were on it to dig up what Goddell knew and when. MMA reporters won't dare question what the UFC's protocol was with their biggest current champ testing positive weeks out from a fight.   

Depends on what you mean by reporter. A lot of these guys don't even really consider themselves (and BTW I don't either) MMA media, which kinda makes it easy to suck up to someone or outright ignore an issue. However, I've seen someone like Lance Pugmire (who happens to cover a variety of different sports) already go into that. That's what I consider a reporter. Random guy from MMAWackyName.com is not really a reporter IMO.

Both weed and coke are only banned in competition (I've read conflicting things about the precise definition of when that is, but it's somewhere between a week and 12 hours to fight time). Everyone who has been punished for marijuana failed in competition.

Actually, I don't know what the fuck I was thinking earlier. Fuck Jon Jones. That's always been my stance and I have no clue why it suddenly changed. Sick of the rules being different for that piece of shit.

• Like 2

Ashlee Evans-Smith failed her drug test.

Jesus, we're only a week into 2015 and the UFC is getting brutalized.

What the fuck are you talking about? Christ. Can everyone calm down for a sec? If you don't, you're going to have a coronary heart attack by late February.

Bigfoot vs. Mir in for Teixeira vs. Evans in Porto Alegre. Jessica Andrade vs. Marion Reneau & Douglas Silva vs. Cody Gibson also added.

The UFC has also signed Conor McGregor conqueror Joseph Duffy.