DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

Donald Cerrone is just crazy.  I mean has anyone in the non tournament era of UFC ever fought twice in the same month?

Not the same calendar month but Chris Leben will retain the record of fighting in the space of two weeks since this upcoming show is on Sunday.

Donald Cerrone is just crazy.  I mean has anyone in the non tournament era of UFC ever fought twice in the same month?

Not exactly in the same month, but Jones beat Bader and a month and a half later he won the title by beating Shogun.

Since I only watch Jets games and RedZone, does Fox always promote the UFC that much during a football game? I saw that Connor McGregor commercial at least ten times during the playoff game yesterday.

Depends. This was a subject of discussion for the last Fox show. Sometimes, they hammer TUF home and do reads for FS1 shows.  Maybe they're placing more emphasis on the FS1 programming over the ones on the main station.

Pancrase has signed former Bellator 2 time featherweight tournament finalist and Sengoku featherweight champ. Marlon Sandro to a multi fight deal. He's expected to make his Pancrase return on 4/26 against an unannounced opponent.

I got you by a month.

I know no one gives a shit about it anymore, but there haven't been any details released about the next season of TUF, have there? I know they usually start it up in Aprilish, but I can't even remember hearing rumblings for the next coaches/weight classes.

They may be doing Blackzilians vs. American Top Team next. Maybe it's a Fight Pass only thing. I dunno.

• Like 1

Hey, at least you know now! BTW, rimz said coke and ecstasy. That's just how Jon chooses to get down.

Josh Gross @yay_yee 50s51 seconds ago

Per @KevinI, @JonnyBones enters drug treatment. Tested + for cocaine in early Dec. Gotta say, not surprised one bit. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cage

That pretty much confirms it.

Josh Gross @yay_yee 44s44 seconds ago

Don't care if Jones did coke. Lotta people do. Early on I was told Jones is his own worst enemy. We'll see. His life and career on the line.

What Gross is saying is essentially everything rimz (especially the bolded part) told me.

Makes you think Cerrone was throwing a little shade with this comment from earlier in the day...

Even when it came down to logistics, simple things like cutting weight twice in three weeks, Cerrone said he barely considered (or cared) about any potential ramifications.

"I don't have an answer for you on that one," Cerrone replied, chuckling again. "[That's] probably damaging, for sure. But so is cocaine and alcohol, so I think this is a little less.