DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

If he was fighting Woodley instead of Burkman, then it would probably make sense for him to discuss that. However, he isn't. Plus, Dana is probably going to answer where Lombard is in that whole picture anyway (assuming he wins) at the post-fight presser.

• Like 1

He just left middleweight not too long ago. He'll live.

Were you not around when Dana try to strong-arm Tyron for like 2 weeks into fighting Hector? You don't need to explicitly say it when you do stuff like that.

My point is Lombard never gets mentioned.  Dana has been saying Rory was in the title scene since he beat Che Mills

Lombard was the biggest over-hyped overrated prospect since Alistair Overeem.

Yeah he was but he does look much better at WW.  

My point is Lombard never gets mentioned.  Dana has been saying Rory was in the title scene since he beat Che Mills

Lombard was the biggest over-hyped overrated prospect since Alistair Overeem.

Eh, I don't know. He's looked pretty awesome in the UFC. Both losses are split, and really could have been his wins if he just didn't coast so much. He manhandled Shields, and Palhares. 

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/MMA-Career-Could-Be-in-Store-for-Decorated-Collegiate-Wrestler-Olympic-Hopeful-Ed-Ruth-79567

This would be the guy I go after if I am Bellator or the UFC. If he doesn't go to Rio somehow, he could be a better signing than Pico (at least short-term).

wow, that is definitely huge news for Fight Pass.

does anyone know if the UFC owns the "Battlecade: Extreme Fighting" library? they held 4 events in the late 90s then disappeared, with much of their talent going immediately to the UFC, but i've never seen it discussed anywhere.  those are some of my favorite "no rules" era events.

If Khabib could come back at 186, Pettis wouldn't be booked to fight Dos Anjos a month and some change before IMO.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/1/4/7491023/ufc-cuts-eight-fighters-vallie-flagg-inocente-mma-news

I'm guessing Guto ends up in Bellator, but his UFC run was just dismal. He might as well fight guys like Joe Schilling.

• Like 2