DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

That's a pretty uninteresting signing.

Also Angela Magaña has released some awkward butt semi nudies with guns and stuff on her Twitter as she cries fot attention to get noticed since Cyborg said something about WMMA fighters showing their behinds and stuff. It's not that interesting or revealing though.

Cyborg spoke about against it? She did it years ago for ESPN.

NSFW

cyborg-nudes.jpg

Looks like Lawler vs. Hendricks III is happening. Lawler wants to fight in May or June. I guess it will be set Memorial Day weekend. Just a hunch.

MMAFighting.com @MMAFighting 4m

Rory MacDonald has been informed that he won't get the next welterweight title shot (@ChuckMindenhall) http://sbnation.com/e/7175920

I know this isn't i Rory's nature but he really needs to step up, put some base in his voice, and call Dana out on this bullshit.  How many more times is he going to pushed aside for a title shot.   Chances are he is going to be put into another fight where if he loses he is at the back of the line even though he was in the front for the last 2 years.   Even if he wins I am sure that Dana will find some excuse

I don't think it's Dana at all. They pushed for him to get a shot by referencing his climb back into the title picture at the end of PPVs. However, Hendricks probably got an unfair shake. If he had decisively lost, then you probably could use the "go to the back of the line" logic. Since it didn't happen that way, it makes sense to give Hendricks a shot to reclaim his belt. It was going to be out of his hands, regardless. They don't have anything against the guy.

I know this isn't i Rory's nature but he really needs to step up, put some base in his voice, and call Dana out on this bullshit.  How many more times is he going to pushed aside for a title shot.   Chances are he is going to be put into another fight where if he loses he is at the back of the line even though he was in the front for the last 2 years.   Even if he wins I am sure that Dana will find some excuse

He lost to the current champion.  MacDonald wouldn't have a leg to stand on.  This is the nature of the business.  Pettis was supposed to get a shot against the lightweight champion, but it got put aside because Maynard and Edgar had a drew and ended up getting a rematch.  That rematch was delayed due to injuries.  Pettis had to end up fighting again and lost to Guida.  He was due for a title shot after beating Joe Lauzon, but UFC ended up doing the rematch for Henderson/Edgar in order to appease Edgar.  It got to a point where he was challenging Aldo just to get a title shot.  

Not to mention fighters get scheduled for title shots and end up pulling out of the fight weeks out due to injuries now.  The only guarantee of a fight actually happening now is just getting into the damn cage.  

I know this isn't i Rory's nature but he really needs to step up, put some base in his voice, and call Dana out on this bullshit. How many more times is he going to pushed aside for a title shot. Chances are he is going to be put into another fight where if he loses he is at the back of the line even though he was in the front for the last 2 years. Even if he wins I am sure that Dana will find some excuse

Yeah this is kind of BS. People used to say the same thing about Okami. Rory lost. He would have gotten a title shot if he wouldn't have lost to Lawler. Yes he's won three tough fights in a row and is the clear number one contender but when you have two guys who have split their title fights against each other and the last one was a very close decision, what argument can you make against it? It's not like there's some conspiracy against the guy.

Bloody Elbow @BloodyElbow 21m21 minutes ago

Glover Teixeira vs. Rashad Evans verbally agreed to headline UFC Fight Night in Porto Alegre, Brazil http://sbnation.com/e/7180010

That's on 2/22. Other fights so far: Cezar Ferreira vs. Sam Alvey and Adriano Martins vs. Rustam Khabilov

UFC looks to have inked Canadian deal

Friday, 19 December 2014 11:09

After negotiations between UFC and its current broadcast partner, Sportsnet 360, fell through, UFC has apparently signed with The Sports Network (TSN), the equivalent to ESPN, in Canada.

No announcement has been made, but a memo sent by TSN listed that TSN 1 would be airing UFC Fight Night on 1/18 live.

TSN 4 and TSN 5 will be airing extensive UFC programming on 1/3.  TSn 4 will also be airing the Alexander Gustafsson vs. Anthony Johnson fight that airs in the U.S. on FOX, as well as the prelims from UFC 182 and UFC 183

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/118-daily-updates/40408-ufc-looks-to-have-inked-canadian-deal

Steven Marrocco @MMAjunkieSteven now

I'm hearing Rampage just signed a deal with UFC for announce Sat. I'm skeptical. He's under contract with Bellator.

Jeremy Botter @jeremybotter now Katy, TX

Worst kept secret since the uniforms is Rampage back to the UFC. #starpower

I know this is a silly question (star power!) but why the hell would the UFC even want Rampage?  He is a headache, lost his last three matches there and wasn't resigned, barely beat King Mo in a fight no one really won, became a headache again... and now is going back to UFC two years later?  I guess Ortiz and Shamrock should be returning to UFC soon as well, is Tank Abbott still fighting?  Crowd loved him too.  I swear we are just a few years away from UFC having tag team matches.

I don't see much upside to Rampage in the UFC now either.  Unless they want to try and give him some softball matches.

Rampage still has some name value and recognition, so maybe sees value in him that way in a time where a lot of the big names or draws are at the end of their careers or leaving the sport and there are not a lot of new stars who have as much drawing power.

Exactly.  His in cage prowess may have shrunk, but the UFC knows that Rampage drew great ratings for Bellator each time he was on.  And PPV sales were at an all time low this year due to lack of stars (GSP and Anderson both gone). It should be interesting to see how this unfolds.  

I don't really want to use this analogy, but I think it fits somewhat better than small fish in a big pond thing. Rampage is like a 6'6" guy in pro wrestling. If you throw him in developmental where everyone is 6'3" and below, he's going to look like a million bucks because they're going to build around him and give him promo time. If you throw him in the big league with guys his height and taller, he will not seem as special. In addition, he won't really have a platform to show he is any different than anyone else. Sure, Rampage will probably show up on Countdowns and all that jazz. However, he will be one of the third from the top guys. Conor managed to build a fanbase off that and have way more people watch his countdown part over the others on that one PPV. We know Rampage doesn't give much of a shit to go through all that though. He did it for the final fight with Wanderlei, but that was so long ago.

I think this would be more of a "why the hell not?" signing if it happens.

• Like 1

Plus, we can't act like Rampage left the UFC four or five years ago. This dude was a UFC fighter a little over a year and a half ago.

Yeah but it was after a steep decline where he was constantly complaining and going out of his way to try and get fired.  

I can venture to guess that going to Bellator was probably a reality check for Rampage and they did not fulfill the promises that were made to him.  All the pro wrestling co-promotional BS went south.  PPV plans went south outside of the one event.  Viacom probably didn't get him all the movie and TV opportunities he wanted.  

Toward the end of his UFC run he was constantly complaining about getting less money, when most of fault can be squarely put on his own shoulders. 

I could see him getting matched up with the Igor Pokrajac's of the world or a rematch with Shogun instead of more relevant fighters.