DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

I've enjoyed all season of this TUF, but it's been one of the few times I knew most of everyone prior to the show. Liked last night's episode, I've become a fan of Randa as she continues to impress. Glad to see her get the win. Hard to pick a winner but Calderwood & Penne are two of my favs and I could see them as a potential final.

• Like 1

I would get a kick out of a Jo Jo vs. Tecia finale.

I can see them however doing Randa vs. Tecia II at the finale if they both get eliminated.

Kos is on a huge slump, on a immense decline, way past his prime and probably on his way out of the sport.

Magny's on a big win streak, he keeps on winning fights he shouldn't, he's at the pinnacle of his career and has reached his prime.

I think it's pretty obvious how it should go down and I think it would be a good idea to put money down on this fight as I fully expect Magny to be an underdog.

Just wanted to take some time off. They offered him two or three fights this year, but he turned them all down. He still has two fights left on his current deal, and he said he will evaluate his career after those two fights.

The finale of TUF is only in three weeks, right? Because they've got 5 fights to get through (3 quarter finals and 2 semis) before that.

....to do what?

However, I was listening to the WO HOF show with Meltzer and Sempervive this afternoon and someone asked a CM Punk to Bellator question. Dave said that was an interesting question to ask today and then outright skipped it. That was....peculiar.

Consider it was FRB writing it.  His track record is about as legitimate as Latino Review's El Mayimbe.

Didn't he say ZUFFA was going to fire Anderson Silva if he turned down the rematch with Sonnen in Vegas?

That was just him trying to do PR for his BFF Chael.  FRB has been wrong so many times ("CONFIRMED: Brock is in Vegas for the UFC!") that it is just lunacy that people still listen to him.

• Like 1

Consider it was FRB writing it.  His track record is about as legitimate as Latino Review's El Mayimbe.

Mixed at best. He said the 11/17 presser was just going to be a media event with all the fighters. Then UFC put it on their website a week or so later afterwards saying they were going to make an announcement, which didn't happen obviously. Also, a few MMA journalists were told by their own "sources" something big was being announced. I know Meltzer said that because he mentioned it a couple times on his own show. FRB probably knows one or two people, but their information isn't really all that great.

• Like 1