DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

Was there any reason given for moving the Rousey fight?

This is just a shot in the dark on my part.  Rousey is from SoCal area, so it would probably be an easy way to boost the ticket sales.  She pulled a pretty strong gate for UFC 157 in Anaheim.  Also, possibly as a way to make it up to fans in LA because UFC 176 in Staples Center was cancelled.  Last event at Staples was UFC on FOX featuring Shogun vs. Brandon Vera.

It boosts the drawing appeal of UFC 184.  UFC 182 is set to feature Jones vs. Cormier, which will draw pretty well on its own.  Same with Diaz vs. Silva at UFC 183.

Provided no one else gets injured.  Plenty of time until all these events though.

Manuwa is out versus Shogun.  OSP steps in.

Auf wiederesehen, Shogun.

5 rounds versus 3 rounds gives a greater option for a loss.  Not that I think it will happen, but imagine Dana's tears if Siver got that spinning liver kick win with one minute to go in the fifth.

That makes no sense at all. There is a low % of that happening if he got his ass whooped the first 3 rounds. And Dennis Siver ain't exactly cardio Jesus.

• Like 1

Like I said, I don't expect it to happen either.  Siver is probably the most carefully vetted opponent McGregor has faced yet.  But this is MMA and anything can happen, so I thought they'd lessen the chances for something crazy to happen. I mean, what if Conor turns out to be even less of a cardio machine and we don't find out until round 4?

Like I said, I don't expect it to happen either.  Siver is probably the most carefully vetted opponent McGregor has faced yet.  But this is MMA and anything can happen, so I thought they'd lessen the chances for something crazy to happen. I mean, what if Conor turns out to be even less of a cardio machine and we don't find out until round 4?

So apparently, I am the only one who saw the Charles Rosa fight. If they are so worried about something crazy happening, you book Aldo vs. McGregor right away. The 3 round vs. 5 round thing is really irrelevant because the proverbial puncher's chance thing applies to virtually every round. If Dennis Siver is kicking people, it's going to be early on before McGregor starts bopping him in the head. Dennis Siver's style and endurance that we've seen over SEVEN years isn't magically going to change overnight and in a new weight class.

• Like 2

Robert Sargent @MMARising 54s

Invicta FC 10 takes place on December 5th in Houston, Texas. Cris Cyborg injured and off of the card. May or may not need surgery.

Jeremy Botter @jeremybotter 2m

Michelle Waterson defends her championship in the main event on Dec 5 instead.

Can't believe this hasn't been posted yet, but Phil Baroni Tweeted he got an email offering him a fight with Wanderlei Silva on NYE in Japan.