DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

I get that Faber has beaten the top guys in the division, but they still could have given him someone higher ranked like, hell, Aljamain Sterling.  

Who does your rankings?  UFC has Rivera ranked No. 11.  Sterling is not ranked anywhere in the top 15.

The only other guy ranked higher he hasn't fought yet is Johnny Eduardo.

I looked at Fightmatrix, which has Rivera at no. 27 and Sterling at no. 23.

So... War Machine attempted suicide in his cell today.

Not surprising. I haven't looked to see if he was sentenced yet, but I have to imagine he'll get something close to a life sentence.

If anyone hasnt seen it watch the TUF Latin America Ep 5 fight. Wont spoil it if you havent seen it but worth a look. One of the weirder finishes to a fight I've seen in a while.

I haven't watched a second of TUF Latin America. Does anyone in particular stand out?

MMAFighting.com ‏@MMAFighting 11m

UFC Fight Roundup: Claudia Gadelha meets Joanna Jedrzejczyk in Phoenix (@guicruzzz) http://sbnation.com/e/6758612

Winner gets the first shot at the TUF winner.

If anyone hasnt seen it watch the TUF Latin America Ep 5 fight. Wont spoil it if you havent seen it but worth a look. One of the weirder finishes to a fight I've seen in a while.

I haven't watched a second of TUF Latin America. Does anyone in particular stand out?

I haven't watched a second of it either, but I know Chito Vera from Ecuador who's on the show and he's a pretty decent fighter, I'm not sure how he will do once he officially makes it to the big stage though.

TUF Latin America as a whole so far is pretty average. I was watching it without subtitles until episode 5 and it actually took me that long to realise that one team was Mexican and the other wasn't. Also I'd be really interested to here what Spanish speaking folks think about Cain here and how he comes across because to me he seems pretty dull.

Vera was the guy who was fighting in the episode I mentioned. He wins via an upkick which was pretty odd. He was actually losing the fight and really didn't look too good in the 1st Round. His opponent Briones looked a lot better tbh and just got caught.

Quinones who got a win in the 1st episode looked like one of the better fighters so far and was a lot bigger than his opponent but tbh this season is almost worse than the Canadian/Australian season

Who is everyone?

Everyone, literally, except those close to Gus.

Honestly though, he had a loss previously to Phil Davis and he didn't look that dominant in his last 2 fights against Shogun and Thiago Silva and Jones steamrolled everyone he had fought before, so everyone was indeed picking Jones as the huge favorite.