DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

Unless I've missed it, I'm surprised the UFC hasn't put Benson Henderson vs. Anthony Pettis from WEC 53 on YouTube. Recently the UFC have started putting up UFC fights of the headliners in the build to that show.

It's on OnDemand.  I watched it last week.

Yeah Comcast has been posting a lot of free fights on demand featuring fighters that are fighting on the next PPV. Not sure how long they've been doing this, but for the last few PPVs there's been a few free fights from each of the headliners.

Interesting article on how the UFC is the ONLY thing getting ratings on Fox Sports 1 and may result in weekly UFC events (a very baaaaad idea): 

http://www.fightopinion.com/2013/08/28/miserable-fs1-ratings-could-help-ufc-transition-away-from-so-many-ppvs/

I REALLY hope weekly cards don't happen. I can just imagine shows with main events like Eric Koch vs. Nick Lentz... ugh.

That article from Arnold is pretty misinformed (as is par for the course for him, it appears). Regis' show isn't "averaging" 29K viewers - it bottomed out at 29K. And judging a new network after a week and a half of programming, before their college football and basketball live events have even begun, is fucking retarded. Weekly cards aren't going to happen because ratings are shitty after 12 days. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

• Like 1

That article from Arnold is pretty misinformed (as is par for the course for him, it appears). Regis' show isn't "averaging" 29K viewers - it bottomed out at 29K. And judging a new network after a week and a half of programming, before their college football and basketball live events have even begun, is fucking retarded. Weekly cards aren't going to happen because ratings are shitty after 12 days. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Do you work for them? Because you've literally only commented in here when we've talked about the FS channels. Having two FS channels is completely ridiculous. Nobody can make a solid argument for that FS2 channel

I didn't think the FS1 vs. FS2 and what programming would be featured on each channel would be a big deal like some others have posted; though tonight's prelims on FS2 and then the main card on FS1 seems incredibly silly especially since its just one channel difference. I guess with FX vs. Fuel there was enough of a difference in the channel guide/spectrum that it was easier to differentiate the two. 

If its a FS1 card, just show the prelims on FS1 also. 

Do you work for them? Because you've literally only commented in here when we've talked about the FS channels. Having two FS channels is completely ridiculous. Nobody can make a solid argument for that FS2 channel

Nope, but I do have a pretty good knowledge of the sports media industry and am trying to help enlighten people.

FS2 *still* isn't available on Comcast, which is hilarious to me. Apparently Dana said that all of the prelims scheduled for FS2 will be moving to FS1. The only live event on the UFC schedule currently scheduled for FS2 is the Bisping-Munoz Fight Night from England, which is a Saturday show when FS1 has college football all lined up.

Did anyone give a shit about Fight Master at all? The finale with the semifinals is tonight, and all four finalists are 30 or older. The format seemed interesting enough, but I really don't know how well it's worked in practice.

Did anyone give a shit about Fight Master at all? 

I stopped watching after four episodes.

Dana said after the show that Wanderlei is out until January, and Chael is adamant about fighting on 11/16. If there was ever a trap fight for Chael, it would be Phil Davis.

Oh man, that would be like the worst fight ever.

• Like 1

The Bisping-Munoz Main Card had been moved to FS1 since nobody apparently has FS2 and FS1 needs more viewers.

So as of now they have no main fight cards scheduled to air on just FS2 (just prelims for FS-1 cards), which is how it should be. Keep all main fight cards on FS1, Big Fox, and PPV.

Why does nobody have FS2?  Wasn't it just Fuel TV?  So shouldn't everybody that had Fuel have FS2?

Comcast never carried Fuel, so that's a few million people right there. And likely they just want more viewers for FS1 in general as everything other than UFC and NASCAR on the channel has tanked in the ratings.

So last night's UFC show did 824,000 on average.  That is over a 50% drop from the debut a week and half ago. Regardless, those are amazing numbers compared to the stuff drawing 0.0 ratings on FS1.  I expect the Brazil card to do even less and TUF: All Rousey will probably be the worst rated season.

If you want to know the finals of Fight Master, it is

Joe Riggs vs. Mike Bronzoulis