DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

I don't know when he said that, but I thought the original timetable was fall 2014. So maybe it wasn't as bad as his camp thought.

BTW, Ray Longo said it was the same hand Chris hurt against Machida and the injury was misdiagnosed. From watching boxing for several years, I can say hands problems only get worse.

I'm sure it will be a good fight, but rematches are kinda annoying. Plus, Lawler wins, then we have to do it again. 

It depends. They may push to do Lawler-Rory II if Rory beats Tarec on the Halifax show and Robbie beats Johny convincingly.

I don't know when he said that, but I thought the original timetable was fall 2014. So maybe it wasn't as bad as his camp thought.

Here, said five days ago he wasn't planning on fighting until 2015:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ufc-champ-johny-hendricks-might-200002575.html

If he could fight in January, then fighting in December ain't gonna hurt him all that bad.

Joe Riggs vs. Ben Saunders in Phoenix on 12/13.

Rumor is Houston Alexander vs. James Thompson in Bellator as co-main for Josh Neer vs. Paul Bradley at Bellator 129. So when is this new Bellator going to start? It seems like it just got way more Bellator-ish than before.

• Like 1

Yeah that fight makes no sense right now.  Of course Barnett is down for that fight.

Hendricks' camp said he couldn't fight until February or March.  Will he really be OK to go for December?  Wouldn't surprise me if Lawler/Hendricks II also falls apart.  We are still in September.  Didn't take long for Jones/Gustafsson and then Jones/Cormier to both fall apart.

How do you misdiagnose a broken hand?  All these injuries IMHO sound shady.  

NBC apparently moved them to that date from the originally scheduled one a couple weeks earlier. They're going to get slaughtered, and they can't even run an afternoon show to try to pick up on a Premier League lead-in - there aren't any EPL games that weekend. There also aren't any NHL games on NBC that day, so good job, good effort with giving them ANY lead-in at all.

Speaking of WSOF, they announced PPV plans for 2015 and will implement a revenue sharing plan on 50% of the revenues from those PPVs. 

Oh, and DC's brawl punishment was a 9K fine and 10 hours of community service.