DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

That was a huge upset. Tecia was ranked top 3 with an undefeated streak and was a lot of people's top pick to win the entire tournament. Sucks seeing her go out so early in the show though. She has a good chance of winning the title down the line eventually either way.

Considering that there's ALWAYS an injury in these damn tournaments, I'm sure she'll sneak back in one way or another.

I did like the ranking system they used to make the brackets. Gives the whole thing a little more legitimacy as opposed to "this guy is good because he got picked first" (hey, Joe Scarola).

I admit I haven't seen her fight before tonight, but Tecia seems basically like a female Wonderboy Thompson (w/ more backne than a clean athlete should have BTW). She basically stood in front of Randa and essentially did nothing. I know she only has 4 real fights, but there are a ton of holes in her game.

• Like 1

Tecia needs to work on her TDD a bit and on her defensive ground game, namely on sweeps.

This maybe the first time I recall seeing someone fight her with that type of a gameplan too. I remember most of her opponents usually standing and trading with her. I think Thug Rose may have one of the few who actually tried grappling with her a bit in their fight, but she still pulled out the win.

I admit I haven't seen her fight before tonight, but Tecia seems basically like a female Wonderboy Thompson (w/ more backne than a clean athlete should have BTW). She basically stood in front of Randa and essentially did nothing. I know she only has 4 real fights, but there are a ton of holes in her game.

You don't watch Invicta? Their events are usually some of the most entertain in MMA.

You don't watch Invicta? Their events are usually some of the most entertain in MMA.

They always go against something I would rather watch instead. I've seen plenty of Invicta fights after-the-fact, but never sat down and watched an entire event live. If the Broner fight didn't happen this past weekend, I would have watched the last show.

Anyway, I thought Gil did a good job of explaining to Tecia why she lost. But my first question to her would've been, "how the fuck did you get lateral dropped by a girl with a quarter of your athleticism?"

For a woman that brolic, you would think she would be able to stop that even in the third round.

Very surprised to see Tecia out first. Did feel like she didn't have as much hype/buzz going in to the show as some of the others on the show to the point where I had almost forgotten she was going to be on it. I thought she had that fight won in the end. Really enjoyed all four of her pro fights, she looked great and kept getting better. Her last fight where she beat Felice Herrig then had the post-match challenge & staredown with Carla Esparza had me really looking forward to eventually seeing that fight.

Love Joanne Calderwood and think she'll be a finalist here against either Esparza or Jessica Penne. Definitely enjoyed the show and looking forward to the season for sure. Gonna be some more real good fights. Rose vs Alex Chambers seems like a hard one to call, really like both.

The only reason I've been excited for the most recent seasons of TUF is that my friends have been on, but this season looks like it will be batshit. I really found the seeding interesting and that first fight was great. Heather Clark is instantly my least favorite person on the show. And please sign me up for the Joanne Calderwood bandwagon.

Love Joanne Calderwood and think she'll be a finalist here against either Esparza or Jessica Penne.

Love Jojo too and she's definitely going to be a finalist. I thought her and Tecia was going to be the final, but I just saw the brackets and if anything, they would've had to face each other in the semis.

Carla/Jessica is going to make an awesome semi final.

I think it is funny that they created a ranking system to better ensure the top fighters get further in the tournament and it backfired on them in the very first fight.

I don't see how it backfired. Markos clearly won and thus she is a better fighter than Torres according to how the tournament works. I don't think they would have went three if Tecia didn't have that inverted triangle, which was mostly defensive. There are plenty of 5 seeds who lose to 12 seeds in the NCAA tourney but would normally destroy them outside March Madness.

• Like 1

Did you guys see Calderwood at the last UFC show? Not sure how much weight she cuts, but she looked pregnant compared to what she looked like on the show.

Well the show finished filming on August 15. They don't have to fight again until December 12. So she has another month to pig out before starting a camp. That is unless she got eliminated early, and they need her to sub for someone. Then she may be in a little trouble if it's not catchweight.

Not for nothing, but the last three seasons all had live cards as a lead-in. Besides, their Fox contract might actually have TUF seasons written into the deal. Fox isn't going to just cut bait on their only original programming worth a shit because ratings aren't what they were five years ago.

10654968_574215076013949_982213686_n.jpg

Carla replies:

LMAO!!!! You are really going to include my name in this? Alright, so let me start by saying this: for someone who is constantly going on and on about their "college degree" (which I have 1 as well, but don't go bragging about it), you sure seem to not be able to read! Someone commented: "I'm still confused about Tecia. She looked and moved like a different person." I responded, "Interesting observation. I'll say quite a few girls in the house had their theories about that. I'll just leave it at that." Did I say I was accusing you?? Did I say "Yea bc she was totally on roids before and now that she had to be clean for the house, her performance suffered!"?? Nope! Tecia what's sad is, in a way I defended you saying that if you don't know for sure without a doubt, you can't accuse someone. You wanna hear what OTHER people were saying?!? "Oh, that's why she has that mustache and facial hair bc of all the steroids she's done." "Hmm looks like her back acne is clearing up not that she's forced to be clean." "She eat like absolute crap, yet still keeps her build." "Funny how she goes undefeated, but now that she doesn't have her steroids, she loses." Tecia, I'm not saying I agree with those statements, and I wasn't going out of my way to bad mouth you!! That's just what was said, ok!!? I'm not hating on you, I couldn't care less about you. So I'm just gonna let this go, enjoy your time at home, have a nice life. Peace

Aaaaaand so it begins...